lift hight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift hight

Just picked up a 99 cherokee and I am lookin at a Rustys 5.5 inch lift and 33" tires. The only thing is I'm limited on garage hight and before I buy the lift I was lookin to see what every one else's overall hight is.Thanks

thats tall for 33s unless you plan on prerunning

Comment

for 33's i would run 3.5-4.5" of lift

Comment

or join team 3" and 33s haha. but i would say get yourself a good 4.5 inch kit with 33s so you dont have to cut as much fender as you would with a 3 inch. keep that newer jeep lookin nice

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

looking to clear 33" with no cutting. Lift not ordered yet just looking for now will take offers for other brands of lift
          Last edited by robs02tj; 03-07-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

going to be my girls truck need a lift that handles good on road as well as off

Comment

rustys makes good lifts for pretty cheap and so does rough country. Rubicon express 5.5" is amazing but its expensive. what is your price range?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Just because you clear the tires driving around doesnt mean you will when youre offroad flexing. Lift height does not = tire clearance.
                If your tires rub on a 3" lift driving around, they will rub on a 5.5 inch lift flexing. the wheel well doesnt grow in size

something to consider.
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

TEAM 3", 33's and 3.55's FTW

Comment

I understand that there will be rubbing at full flex but the truck will only be light wheeled and she wantsto run the same size tires as me, Thats why 33's other wise I'd leave it stock. Just trying to get a rough high mesurment to see if it will clear her garage door

Comment

looking to spend around 1500 with shipping

Comment

Originally posted by robs02tj View Post
                        I understand that there will be rubbing at full flex but the truck will only be light wheeled and she wantsto run the same size tires as me, Thats why 33's other wise I'd leave it stock. Just trying to get a rough high mesurment to see if it will clear her garage door
                        I have a 3.5" lift and 32"s and mine still clears a standard garage door.
                        2000 XJ
                        2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

thanks for the info that ive been looking for. How much clearance do you have left?

Comment

when i had 5" and 37's i could still fit in parking garages

measuring tape is a valuable tool too. 5.5" lift + approx 2.5" for tire height (from 28" stock height tires" added to the height of a stock xj. just make sure it is lower than your garage
                            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                              X