FM Modulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM Modulator?

How do these work? to my understanding they plug into the rca cables on a radio and then the other end plugs into a mp3 player.

Does any one use one that can give feedback, and what are some good companys that make them? This will be going into a alpine radio and don't want to spend the $250 on the alpine specific one.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

IIRC they should work as an Aux input.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I have the alpine cda-7894 which has the cd changer cord on the back of the deck. All i want to do is plug my ipod into the stereo.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KCA1...&avf=N&s=0&a=0

Would this be what i need. how would i plug in the ipod cable to a rca?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

there's cords on the market that convert from a 3.5mm headphone jack (i.e. the output jack on your iPod) to the RCA inputs. run one of those to this adapter and you should be all set. you won't be able to control the iPod from the head unit, but I have mixed feelings about being able to do that on my head unit. it tends to be annoying.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

If you are going to be using an alpine the cable to plug in the back should be no more then $60. Where are you getting this price of $250?
          I need the 4.0L!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

specifically for your headunit

get this
            http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=124

and a monster cable from that to your ipod. i don't have a link for that though
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

Im gonna get a auxilary input to rca adapter that will plug into the cd changer, then a rca to a 3.5mm output plug.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                specifically for your headunit

get this
                http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=124

and a monster cable from that to your ipod. i don't have a link for that though
                i have a cda model, not one of the two listed so thats a no go. the link i posted before is what im gonna get, just wanna see if anyone local will have it for a decent price

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I drive a Datsun

Comment

Now i just need to find out where my bro put the harness

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Just ordered all the shit to get this deck in the jeep. costed me around $40 and change.

THEN i found this. http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=764

Edit: and im happy i don't control the ipod from the deck, that would be extremely distracting
                      Last edited by LittleD; 06-10-2010, 06:23 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

it goes right under the flux capacitor
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

that last link woulda been nice about 3 weeks ago. i jsut did all of this adn got that original ai-net to rca and then the rca to 3.5mm cable.

honestly it works and if your not a crazy car stereo sound quality guy then it will work fine. but the sound quality isn't that great. esp hard rock. everything else sounds fine
                          2 tj's
                          3 yj's
                          2 xj's
                          i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
                            that last link woulda been nice about 3 weeks ago. i jsut did all of this adn got that original ai-net to rca and then the rca to 3.5mm cable.

honestly it works and if your not a crazy car stereo sound quality guy then it will work fine. but the sound quality isn't that great. esp hard rock. everything else sounds fine
                            I think that that all depends on the deck you have. The reason im putting the alpine in mine is because the JVC didn't have the balls to go with my speakers, when the beat would strike, the deck would cut out almost.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

OK, i got all the radio stuff the other day, hooked the deck up and that works fine. However i plugged the aux input connector to the cd changer plug on the back and can't figure this out. How do i get the ipod to play? i can only go from tuner to cd.

Also, my cd player in this alpine unit doesn't work, could this be the problem?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                              X