Mis Balanced tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis Balanced tires?

What are some signs that a tire is un-balanced? If im cruising around town at about 40 mph, the jeep has nasty vibes from the front end, it's pretty much a shimmy, hit bumps and it feels like im about to get d.w. I've rotated my tires, and nothing really changed.

This thing runs fine below 35 and above 55
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

how is your track bar?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Bushings are brand new, bolts are all tight

Only reason im asking about tires is, i have access to a tire machine, but not anything that has to do with alignment
      Last edited by LittleD; 05-20-2010, 09:48 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Balance the tires, if not, go for a wheel alignment and check the track bar holes, especially the axle side.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Wheel alignment usually gets worse with speed and doesnt just come and go. Sounds like a trackbar thing to me, I had the same exact problem a few weeks ago and the axle side bolt had came loose, if you already checked the bolt I beleive the joint at the top of them can go bad too.
          01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

I pulled the trac bar, i was using stock bolts and hardware and turns out the bushing is bigger than the stock one. Threw in a thicker bolt and NOTHING got better.

Before the other m&g i only had time/money to put in a drivers side unit bearing, and the pass one is probably beat to shit about now, how big of an effect would this have. Is this the problem?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
              I pulled the trac bar, i was using stock bolts and hardware and turns out the bushing is bigger than the stock one. Threw in a thicker bolt and NOTHING got better.

Before the other m&g i only had time/money to put in a drivers side unit bearing, and the pass one is probably beat to shit about now, how big of an effect would this have. Is this the problem?
              For a time I was driving on unit bearings that were so bad when you jacked up the vehicle you could wobble the tire back and forth. It made a grinding sound on turns but no wobbles.
              01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

check wheel balance and ball joints bad ball joints will cause a wobble. also remember tires are only balnced up to 55 mph so soon as you go over that they can tend to change . i went to tire school for working at jeep.
                Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Working...
                X