Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to lift a Bronco?

Need some input fellas.

Im going to be lifting a 94 bronco soon, but im not sure what the best way to do it is. I need to be able to fit 35"s without rubbing, while keeping it low cost.

I figure since its not going to be so much a wheeler, that 2" blocks out back and 2" coil spacers up front should do the trick/ be the best alternative to achieve this goal.

Anyone got any input?

Also, do we think the same shocks will be able to make up the difference? or will a new set be needed?

New platform... Newb once more.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Ps, get/make drop brackets

Oh and why not get a small body lift also?
    dirty30

Comment

body lift was the original way we were gonna go. so that might be the way it goes down.

thought about flipping the shackles in the rear, but dont want this to get too in depth with fab work. not sure what it will entail tho.
      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

Shackle flip in the rear is nice, effective and cheaap, then you'd jut have to handle the ~4" of lift up front
        dirty30

Comment

hmmm. thats a lot o lift.

Comment

for the rear shackle flip you torch the rivets out from the stock hanger flip it bolt it back in place. You will be left with 2 holes with out something to mount to. For that you weld a piece on the frame and bolt it to the hanger. Bam youre done, guys do it in about 30 minutes a side. for the front 2" daystar spacers http://www.jackit.com/springs/coil_spacers.htm May need to trim the bumper a little

shackle flip in the rear is on 2.5 to 3" of lift
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

TTB sucks definatly going to need drop brackets for it
              89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
              95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
              97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
              If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

how low is low cost?
                rough country 2.5 inch kit with shocks is about 400

"now, this is by no means the be-all, end-all bible for bronco tire fitment. there are all sorts of variables that come into play. This post is being created in order to cut down on the repetitive questions of what size tires can i fit with X amount of lift.

31" tires: these generally come on the truck stock. no fitment issues, no rubbing

33" tires: these WILL fit with no lift. the fit will be a touch snug, but you can either trim the edges of the bumper, or use washers as shims at the bumper mount. you can run a 3" body lift if you like to clear these tires, but its not necesary. slight rub will be encountered on the radius arms,depending on the dimensions of the rims

35" tires: these will fit with a 3" body lift at bare minimum, but its not advised for wheeling. large amounts of contact will be seen between body and tires. 4" suspension lift will provide better clearance, with a 6" suspension lift providing the optimal clearance while mainting a good center of gravity

38" tires: these can be run with 6" of lift and healthy amounts of fender trimming. its better to run around 8" of lift in order sufficiently clear these tires. once you get up into this size tire, you will be seriously taxing your stock running gear and drivetrain. a built up solid Dana 44 and rear 9" can handle this setup OK. adding a stonger rear, such as a Dana 60, is a safer option. depending on your typical wheeling enviroment, a swap to one ton running gear may be necesary to minimize breakage. for more information on this, refer to the Fullsizebronco.com message board, SAS forum.

anything bigger than 38" is going to be totally custom, and you really should upgrade to one ton stuff

Courtesy of Ocalabronco "
                Last edited by Customjob; 05-20-2010, 09:27 PM.
                2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

They say for up to 2 inches you may be able to adjust the alignment to correct the camber if you just used spacers but i wouldnt guarantee on it.

http://broncozone.com/topic/11092-li...tb-suspension/
                  2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

[QUOTE=HitItWithSomeSpeed;194212]Need some input fellas.

I need to be able to fit 35"s without rubbing, while keeping it low cost.

this is not possible
                    "Life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

88 Jeep Comanche 4.0/AW-4/NP231/D30/D35
                    95 Chevy K1500 ext. cab 350/4L60E/NP208
                    91 GMC Sonoma 2wd 4.3/700R4 (gotta have something that gets good gas mileage!)

Comment

fred why not when im up there we call him up slap one of my 35s on and see what it needs
                      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

i have a 3" fseries/bronco body lift laying around somewhere if you wants to purchase
                        2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                        1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

I forget where but i remember I had bought a 4 inch lift complete brand new for like 250 and my f150 had the dual shock front, anyways I think it was ebay or something like that.

Comment

With enough cutting you can run them stock height... I know of a local truck on 38.5x16's on a stock bronco
                            89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                            95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                            97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                            If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

unfortunatly, cutting is not an option.

Thanks for the replies guys, its helping me get a game plan going.

And thanks for the links Customjob.

Comment

Working...
                              X