diff skids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diff skids

soo i am in need of a diff skid for my dana 44a. i already hit it a few good times an need to come up with something to slide over rocks with better than my aluminum center section.

i was just looking quick an this poped up on google, its by rock-it-parts. has anyone ran one of these or made one similar to this, any info on how it will hold up or if you made a differnt style would be nice

97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

do this:

BTF cover and custom skid/truss.
    http://bluetorchfab.com/store/produc...roducts_id=449

Comment

I've never seen a truss on the bottom before, seems like it would get hung up to me, never ran one though. But I have heard some bad things about those pinion sliders as well, supposedly like to grab rocks from what i've heard.
      Last edited by iant333; 05-10-2010, 04:02 PM.
      01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by iant333 View Post
        I've never seen a truss on the bottom before, seems like it would get hung up to me, never ran one though. But I have heard some bad things about those pinion sliders as well, supposedly like to grab rocks from what i've heard.
        ya gotta run em with the 44a unfortunately, otherwise youll rip apart the aluminum center section. and a truss on the bottom is way stronger than a truss on top.. just fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
          do this:

BTF cover and custom skid/truss.
          http://bluetorchfab.com/store/produc...roducts_id=449
          naaaa doood i just need something for now. im putting new axles in once my cars done but i just need some kinda cheap skid to cover the aluminum

xj- need one

Comment

^am buyin that diff cover though

xj- need one

Comment

you can make and weld that little truss on for like 20 bucks. including buying beer for someone to weld it.

spending 120+ dollars on that crappy bolt on jam aint worth it imho.

Comment

i wouldnt bother with a bottom truss unless my sole purpose was to run speed

run the truss on the top for a negligible difference in strength and huge difference in clearance IMO. if you even want a truss at all anyway.

otherwise a diff slider like you posted may be worth a try.
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                  i wouldnt bother with a bottom truss unless my sole purpose was to run speed

run the truss on the top for a negligible difference in strength and huge difference in clearance IMO. if you even want a truss at all anyway.

otherwise a diff slider like you posted may be worth a try.
                  i was planin on runin a truss on the top, an i dont really like an idea of a bottom truss sence i dont realy do any retarted hi speed stuff.

i think ill just bend up some steel i have an weld up some kind of diff slider like that style i put up before an see how it holds up for now.

xj- need one

Comment

Working...
                  X