Heim joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heim joints

I broke my "gigantic" 3/4 inch heim joint on my lower four link.
    I wanna replace it with something beefier (obviously). Is there anything i can do without having to modify my link tubes?
    I do not know a lot about heims and am learning as i go here. Any help would be appreciated.

Evolution makes a huge heim that looks beefy as hell but i would def need bigger tubes for those. Maybe in the future
    2 Broncos are better than 1

you will need new links.

or hack up the old ones

and you do not need the evo frankenheim lol
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

what size you think?
      is 7/8 or 1 in big enough?
      and can i get a 7/8 or 1 inch with a 3/4 hole?

p.s. frankenheim, haha that thing is enormous!

Comment

something like this?
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROM...item1c124df0eb

Comment

i wouldnt run anything less than a 1" for the lowers

they are measured by shank size

Comment

k thanks

Comment

The links are made out of 1" ID X 1.5" OD tube. Looks like the biggest heim bung i can fit in there is a 7/8? But I did find that a 1 1/4 heim bung has the same outside diameter as my links, would it be strong enough if i hacked out a piece of my link and welded a short length of 1.5" ID X 2" OD over the end of my link to accept the 1 1/4 heim bung? Just wanna see what you think before i do anything stupid
              I was thinking of doing the 7/8 on the top links and the 1 1/4 on the bottom, yes, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Customjob View Post
                would it be strong enough if i hacked out a piece of my link and welded a short length of 1.5" ID X 2" OD over the end of my link to accept the 1 1/4 heim bung? Just wanna see what you think before i do anything stupid
                I was thinking of doing the 7/8 on the top links and the 1 1/4 on the bottom, yes, no?
                i would trust that

but I would rather just get some 2" od 1/4 wall lowers and 1.5" od uppers and start from scratch

Comment

1.5" is a little on the small side for the lowers, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up bending the links.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                    i would trust that

but I would rather just get some 2" od 1/4 wall lowers and 1.5" od uppers and start from scratch
                    the uppers are already 1.5 ill prob just put new ends on them for 7/8 heims
                    im considering just getting a full length of 2" od for the lowers it would prob be easier than hacking up the old ones and not too much more expensive. The lowers are just straight about 3 ft length.

Wheres the best place to buy everything? I was lookin at barnes4wd came out to about 600 bux or so.
                    Last edited by Customjob; 05-10-2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

get some square tube for the lower links. cheap

Ballistic fab square tube adapters are cheap, and the 1.25" ballistic joints are reasonably priced. should be beef enough

what i just got:

Last edited by grundlepunch; 05-10-2010, 01:09 PM.
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Still deciding what i wanna go with but for now i just got replacement 3/4 heims to get it going. But they are much beefier than the last ones. Should be a little stronger i hope.

Comment

holy shit thats a dainty heim

Comment

The old ones were crap.
                            I got a set of 4 of these new ones for for 50 bux so thats not bad to get it going again.
                            I think im gonna put them on both lowers because they will prob hold up a little better for now. Plus the old ones have tons of play anyway.

Comment

not a fan of heims....

Currie Joints or Ballastic Joints is good.
                              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                              X