96 XJ P0300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 XJ P0300

finally got around to reading the CEL tonight and the d-bag at autisticzone was kinda sketchy about it but came up multiple cylinder misfire.....you can feel it when you get on the gas after start up and there has been some back pressure but never thought twice about it since it's driven a whole 3 miles a day at best

anywho....anyone have noid lights or fun troubleshooting stuff/knowledge want to come and peep it with me? Can provide cold ones and confusing looks in exchange

doug
    1992 xj Briarwood
    Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
    Welded front and rear
    13' LED roof lights
    Disco ball
    Truck nuts
    Spinners

quick question, misfires mess up your cat but I know that the dbag before me hollowed it out so.........does this problem work in reverse? the cat being fubar'd messing up the cylinders?
    1992 xj Briarwood
    Welded front and rear
    13' LED roof lights
    Disco ball
    Truck nuts
    Spinners

Comment

I don't believe so, to take care of this issue I'd most likely start off with the basics..

Comment

I had problems with misfires. Things I checked were coolant temp sensor, cps, plugs, cap rotor, distributor, and compression. My compression was really low in my front two cylinders so I suspect my headgasket was fucked. I also swapped my injectors out but that didn't help. Then I ran into a million more problems and got another xj.

I was renix though and had no real way of scanning or anything aside from a voltmeter.
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

I just got over a no-start issue and replaced the following

cap
          rotor
          wires
          CPS (both of em)
          Injector O-rings
          coil
          fuel filter
          and the engine only has 15k on it

I used to have a vacuum leak CEL a while back that went away so I guess it's back for more offer is still up for beer!!!
          1992 xj Briarwood
          Welded front and rear
          13' LED roof lights
          Disco ball
          Truck nuts
          Spinners

Comment

Working...
          X