tranny problems 05 tj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny problems 05 tj

42rle. i've been searching everywhere on the interwebs and saw the thread on jf with the shifter cable fixed with a chop stick. but the shifter linkages are all moving as they should on this jeep.

she was driving the jeep down the road when all of a sudden she had no power/studdering/slipping. she got to a stop light and had to stop where it stalled out and now cant move. the engine is runs fine in park but when you go to shift it in reverse it makes a slight grinding noise/wont go anywhere and all the other gears do nothing.

any ideas on this one? new tranny time? it only has 82K on it and now its outta warranty so that'd be pretty ****ty
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

My buddy had a similar problem and brought it to his friend at a dealer and the guy fixed it in like 5 minutes, it was something electrical...ill ask him next time I see him what his problems were with the transmission and what the guy did to fix it.
    DD - 95 F150, 302, 5 Speed, 6" Lift, & 36" TSL/Iroks

Trail Rig (In Progress) - 97 XJ, 4.0L, AW4, 12" of Lift, Chevy 1 Tons w/35 SPLs, 39.5 Iroks, 4 Link Front, Leaf Rear, Dana 300, Exo and a bunch of other goodies

Comment

Unfortunately planetary failure is common in those. Wish you were closer so I could help you out a bit more in diagnosis.
      pork chop sandwiches

Comment

Working...
      X