'88 waggy heating problema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '88 waggy heating problema

I've never messed with a system like this and don't know where to start. I left my jeep on for longer than 10 minutes today and she spit up a lot of red fluid. I've never seen red anti-freeze, but anyway the resevior is cracked now and spits up a little fluid, and the guage read a little over 210.

I'm kinds hung up on the red fluid though.. But before I make a huge thread from my phone, can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by XJcrazy00; 04-28-2010, 05:56 PM.
    -Matt
    Facebook

could be dexcool which is a red anti-freeze or atf from a crack between the tranny cooler in the radiator
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
      could be dexcool which is a red anti-freeze or atf from a crack between the tranny cooler in the radiator
      thats the only thing i can think of as well. but dex cool is orange amiright? as for the crack in the tranny cooler thats all i got.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

check your tranny fluid see if it has coolant in it

Comment

I'd really love to convert this to a newer style heating system as i hear they have less problems. I think ill do a flush today to get rid of the fluids and fill with the proper anti-freeze. I'll check my fluids first, but when i drove the jeep to where it's parked it didn't overheat so I think a flush will do it good.

Oh yeah, and the P.O said turning the heat on will kill the car and turn it off.. is that related? I'm retarded when it comes to this older system. I found write ups for switching to a new system, but I dont know if a 3 core radiator is worth the extra 50-70 bucks
          Last edited by XJcrazy00; 04-29-2010, 10:30 AM.
          -Matt
          Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X