who knows how a carb works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who knows how a carb works?

what makes a motor die when you add more throttle? ive got a bike that has hi flow filters on it and wont run past 1/4 throttle. had a similar issue last year with my old ninja but this is a different situation so im lost.

-stock internals
    -shimming the needle makes it worse
    -mixture screws are correct

i would think its running lean since i added airflow but richening the mix wont help. fix it?
    winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

How do you know the screws are correct? They are there to allow you to correct for things like filters, other than that it might need to be rejetted
    dirty30

Comment

step up 1 size on the jet and play with the air/fuel screw a bit...

Comment

i know the screws good cuz it works fine up to 1/4 throttle. i was hoping i ddidnt have to mess with jets since its stock pipes
        winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

its getting more air then fuel, your going to want to bump up the main jet a few sizes.
          pilot jet is 0 to 1/4 throttle, after that its the main jet
          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

I also agree with the main jet being the culprit.

Comment

Yeah man sounds like a clogged jet fo sho
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

had the same problem on my z. sat for a lil bit and the bad gas clogged up the carb. pull it apart and clean it out real good. get some carb cleaner in those jets. worked perfect after that for me
                2 tj's
                3 yj's
                2 xj's
                i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

and not to hi jack but i have the opposite problem.

runs perfect through all the gears, under load, no problem. but once i hit max speed and stay there for awhile, it sputters out and dies. sit there for a couple mins and it'll start back up again.

its been rejetted for the pipe and intake but does this sound like the main jet is too big causing it to flood out at top speed?
                  2 tj's
                  3 yj's
                  2 xj's
                  i'm a jeep whore

Comment

is this on a Z ?

Comment

Yep on a z
                      2 tj's
                      3 yj's
                      2 xj's
                      i'm a jeep whore

Comment

Working...
                      X