normal oil pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• normal oil pressure?

attn : 2.5 tj guys. do me a favor and lemme know where your oil pressure is at at idle and driving. thanks

the other day i was sitting at a light and all of a sudden i heard bing and my oil pressure was at zero but while driving it was at 40psi. i changed the oil and now its staying around 20psi at idle and 42 driving. i guess thats fine but i never noticed if it idled at 20psi before or not.
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

mine is usually almost to the 60 mark i think. about halfway between the highest pressure and the 40 mark but slightly below it so more like mid to high 50's
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

hot idle?

i know for the 4.0 you want 13 minimum

and a general rule of thumb for all engines is about 10psi per 1000 rpm's

and dont trust the stock guage
      if you want to be sure hook up a mechanical guage
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

nope. temp guage is a constant 210. just put a new water pump and coolant in a couple weeks ago. i have a feeling the guage is fucked up because when it was at 0 i wouldn't have even noticed if it didn't bing at me and if it really had no oil pressure i'm pretty sure the motor would be making some not happy noises
        2 tj's
        3 yj's
        2 xj's
        i'm a jeep whore

Comment

when mine gets hot sitting in traffic the guage jumps from about 10 to 0 and if i increase the rpm's it will jump from 0-10

i have had 2 motors with the same exact readings on this guage so im thinkin the guage is fuct (and the motor i just swapped in had known good pressure)
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

yea the internets tells me the guages suck. i was gonna hook a mechanical up to it after i did the oil change but it idled fine after (even 40psi idle right after) so i said fuck it. if it happens again i'll hook up a real guage and see whats goin on
            2 tj's
            3 yj's
            2 xj's
            i'm a jeep whore

Comment

Working...
            X