• Show
Clear All

if i had like 3261453084762974 tools before it

i would get them

they are useful and make things look trick as hell
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Toreadorranger View Post
      Check the link I posted. They are no longer the $$$$ tool that they used to be.
      I see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for them to be useful, you have to have a large press?

I think I remember somewhere that you can do it by tightening them together with sockets, or a vice or something, but it takes fucking forever.

Comment

there is bolt ones where you tighten each side with a wrench
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

My girl haz cute dimples
          HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
          OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

They are great for adding strength to a piece and keeping weight down...however I can't see where using them on a DD would save a shit ton of weight. How much shit are you going to dimple die? You aren't going to dimple die a flat skid. Sure, it would save weight and maybe you could get away with using something 1/54541515414" thinner but you also have more shit to get snagged on rocks, sticks and mud to come up through there. You may use it on a truss which would be great. Maybe you would even use it on a cage gusset? I don't know. Personally, it's cool, it could be useful but its one of those things that unless I had $300 to piss away on a tool I would barely use on my Jeep or a friends, I'd put my money back into my crack habit which will definately pay off in the long run!
            88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
              I see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for them to be useful, you have to have a large press?

I think I remember somewhere that you can do it by tightening them together with sockets, or a vice or something, but it takes fucking forever.
              I have a 20 ton harbor freight H frame press. Cost me 130 dollars.
              Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
              2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
              2009 Pontiac G8 GT
              2004 Z1000
              1999 TJ

Comment

im already doing this to the cage in my car, but i would never spend the time to do this on my jeep. for the time to do this vs weight savings i dont think it be worth it on a jeep. i eather wouldnt put a ton o metal in it or just man up an not care about the weight.
                97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

well my brother might buy a few sizes but nothing too exspensive and i have a press in the garage. like many of you said, there aren't many things you can use them for.
                  1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
                  .,=====o00o ______________
                  //___l__,\____\,___ ____
                  l_---\____l----[]lllllll[] _
                  _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

Working...
                  X