Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the spec differnces between different "height" leafs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the spec differnces between different "height" leafs?

On the jeep: a krustys 6.5" pack - 2 bottom leaves, problem is it's still too tall and doesn't hold weight well

off the jeep: a krustys 4.5" pack, with bad bushings

My dilemma is, i want the 4.5" height, I'm tired of the raked look. Which portin of the leaves is it that determines the lift height? Meaning could I keep the main leaf I have in there and put all the 4.5 secondary leaves in? Or is the true height gain in the main leaf itself?
    dirty30

you can keep the main and put all the 4.5" ones in
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

just replace the bushings in the 4.5" pack and swap it in.

rusty's leafs are pretty much all the same rate (relative to height of course)

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
        just replace the bushings in the 4.5" pack and swap it in.

rusty's leafs are pretty much all the same rate (relative to height of course)
        Well, thr issue is I have bushings with maybe 1k miles on them in the 6,5's, I'm trying to figure out if the eye-to-eye length on the two are the same/close
        dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
          Well, thr issue is I have bushings with maybe 1k miles on them in the 6,5's, I'm trying to figure out if the eye-to-eye length on the two are the same/close
          eye to eye will be the same

Comment

why culdn't you just press the good bushings out and put them in the 4.5 pack?

Comment

Completely unbolt leaf packs from jeep, finagle te bushings out, finagle bushings into new leafs, reinstall leaf(s)

or

pull center pin, take away useless leaves, put new ones up, put center pin back in but it seems obvious to me
              dirty30

Comment

2nd option sounds easier
                99 XJ 4.5" Long Arms & 32x11.5 KM2's

Comment

Working...
                X