No fuel pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fuel pressure

When go to start the jeep i can hear the fuel pump turn on but there is no pressure at the rail, i checked to see if a line was pinched or something but didn't see anything, i read that it could be a pressure regulator issue... it's a 1996 cherokee 4.0 aw4 if it matters.

Any help is appreciated

how are you chacking for pressure?

if you cycle the key on off on off does the pump run each time? after the 3rd on off cycle it should have built up its req pressure and stop running.

also the hose in the tank thats on the pump may have fallen off or be rotted so the pump runs and pumps but it dont go noware....
    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

clogged up filter perhaps. shitty pump. check pressure with a gauge if you can. if not, push in the schrader valve on the rail. it should give you a nice squirt in your face no homo

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

There is no squirt at all at the rail, absolutly zero pressure, i thought maybe a clogged filter, im gonna try that before i do the pressure regulator, and LOL at no homo reference

Comment

Is there gas in the tank???
          Something to remember some fuel pumps are sealed enough to pump air and you can get pressure on your gauge with no gas just something to watch out for.

I second clogged filter, tube in tank fell off it can be a lot of things.

Start by disconnecting the line and cycle the key if there is fuel move forward if not move backwards.

I've had pumps that spun/made noise but no pressure impellers or something broke inside.

Fuel pressure regulator is after the injectors if you have no gas at the fuel rail it is not the regulator, if you have low pressure and when you pinch off the return line the pressure spikes up then it could be the regulator. If the pressure doesn't spike when you pinch off the return it is usually a bad pump.
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Thanks for the input justin, ill take a look at all that stuff once it stops raining

Comment

Working...
            X