Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to find a Spa...

For my frame.

It needs some TLC. anybody know where I can get the fucker cleaned up and possibly resealed? and how much?

Id rather not have to sandblast the whole damn thing.

let me know if you know a guy who knows a guy. thanks.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Bump of desperation.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

What do you mean by TLC, does it have to be sandblasted and you don't want to do it yourself? Or you want to avoid the entire process?
      2000 XJ
      2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

If i can get the whole thing dipped to get the rust out of the inside as well as the outside, and then sealed inside and out, that would be the biggest plus. if i cant, I'll be wire brushing, sandblasting and welding all the holes in the frame up myself, patching any spots that need it, then painting it and hope it stops rusting from the inside out.

If i can just find someplace that has a big tub to throw it in that will do a faster and much better job, id like to go that route.

Comment

There is a place in Newington called A-1 chrome. I think they do industrial sized stuff. I don't see why they wouldn't do a frame. Try looking them up and giving them a call. They powdercoated my bumper for a reasonable price and when I was in their shop they had a ton of chroming/ finishing tubs.

I think you would have to patch it, but at least they could finish and seal it for you.
          2000 XJ
          2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

thats the type of company im looking for. Im gonna call them tomorrow, so thanks. but if anyone else knows of any other place, please post up.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              There is a place in Newington called A-1 chrome. I think they do industrial sized stuff. I don't see why they wouldn't do a frame. Try looking them up and giving them a call. They powdercoated my bumper for a reasonable price and when I was in their shop they had a ton of chroming/ finishing tubs.

I think you would have to patch it, but at least they could finish and seal it for you.

X2 I use them for stuff from my shop, just has them sand blast some seats out of a nova.
              125 Stamm Rd, Newington, CT 06111
              (860) 666-4593
              http://www.a1chrome.com/

Comment

rent a media blaster??? my friend has one at his garage and it works like a champ
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                  rent a media blaster??? my friend has one at his garage and it works like a champ
                  Makes a hell of a mess though.
                  2000 XJ
                  2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

How about having it hot tanked? Delanas in New Britain is really good. Not sure if they could do a frame or not though.
                    88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

What'd ya find out, Speed?

Comment

Originally posted by Wide-J View Post
                        How about having it hot tanked? Delanas in New Britain is really good. Not sure if they could do a frame or not though.
                        I follow, but not too familiar. so i gotta ask, what does "hot-tanked" intale?

and Hawk...

look up^

Comment

Hot taknked is pretty much putting your frame in a vat of acid that eats everything but metal even eats alluminum It strips it down to bare metal without the pitting that a sandblaster or wire wheel does= less labor intensive
                          you could also make an electrolysis(spelling ?) tank which is pretty neat also it removes most paint and all rust any paint left over just flakes off you could make a tank yourself in your backyard with a frame and uhh tarps?

Comment

that doesn't tell me what you found out about calling the place..

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                              Hot taknked is pretty much putting your frame in a vat of acid that eats everything but metal even eats alluminum It strips it down to bare metal without the pitting that a sandblaster or wire wheel does= less labor intensive
                              you could also make an electrolysis(spelling ?) tank which is pretty neat also it removes most paint and all rust any paint left over just flakes off you could make a tank yourself in your backyard with a frame and uhh tarps?
                              sounds super duper environmentally friendly, go for it

Comment

Working...
                              X