headlight plunger switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight plunger switch

well my headlight plunger pulled out in my hands today, lawl.

just forcing it back in doesnt work and truth be told it got dark and i didnt have the desire to sit under my dash upside down with a flashlight in my teeth flying blind trying to figure it out if i could get a little heads up in advance

anyone know how this assembly goes together so i can get the plunger back in and drive at night? haha
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

it should have a slot or be a triangle. It does take a little effort to get it in though. Keep rotating it until you feel it slide in a little more and push
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Don't bother going under your dash, take the top panel off and look down. Most of the older ones have a little spring loaded pin on the mechanism that you can see behind the dash when uncovered. Depress pin and the knob slides out. However having just threw a 97 up dash into my manch I will say I spent roughly 5 seconds looking for that device and said fuck it when I realized the knob could stay to remove the trim. I'm not really sure if the newer ones are removable

Comment

Pain in the arse!
        -Tim

Comment

97+: to get to mine i had to take the kick panel and the metal plate behind it off. youll see the assembly for the plunger, there's a little button on the inboard (radio-ward) side. Normally thats the button you have to push to remove the plunger, but try pushing it while pushing the plunger back in.plunger will take some effort.
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

The switch is broken. We ended up jumping headlights, running lights, and dash lights so he could get home
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

gr.
              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

plunger is a funny word
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                  The switch is broken. We ended up jumping headlights, running lights, and dash lights so he could get home
                  we will now not talk about this
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

napa has head light switch's, grab one and roll by tomorrow ill be wrenching all day. we'll throw it in
                    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                    2001 wj tbd
                    1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                      napa has head light switch's, grab one and roll by tomorrow ill be wrenching all day. we'll throw it in
                      do they??? I will be checking this.

i was figuring the dealer would be f'ing me in the A...aka not in stock or 100x MSRP.
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

yes i got one from there a few weeks ago
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                          yes i got one from there a few weeks ago
                          just checked their site, seems like they may have one. gonna check in the mornin
                          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            just checked their site, seems like they may have one. gonna check in the mornin
                            you would
                            2001 wj tbd
                            1974 5 ton

Comment

have em at autozone for around $15 irc
                              87 Comanche 4.0 4wd

Comment

Working...
                              X