A Shocking Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Shocking Question

So I raised my rear shock mounts to my axle tubes. I was like o hai raised them about 2-3 inchs and I have like 3.5 inchs o lift so a stock shock should work, well I dont think so. I have less droop now because one shock will compress all the way and the other one cant extend due to this. So can I get a shock with a longer shaft and short body? would that work? What about "inboarding" the rear shocks? Can some one explain the inboarding? Would I use a longer travel shock and make a mount for putting it inside the jeep?
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

even after watching it flex out, i still dont get it. in theory it works.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

how does it work in theory? the stock shocks are a shorter travel than the 3.5 inch shocks. thats where you lose the wheel travel in the end, inboarding them is a good idea then you can run longer travel shocks easier.

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
        how does it work in theory? the stock shocks are a shorter travel than the 3.5 inch shocks. thats where you lose the wheel travel in the end, inboarding them is a good idea then you can run longer travel shocks easier.
        axle-side shock mounts were moved up 3 inches, XJ has 3.5 inches of lift or so. the distance from lower shock mount to upper shock mount should have been reduced to close to stock, I.E. making it so a stock shock would work. I dunno, I's not scientizt.

Caleb- BBC's will fix it
        Last edited by Ruepart Hoaxley; 03-18-2010, 01:54 AM.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i lose about .5" of droop with stock shocks in back and 4.x" o leeft

i dont lose sleep over it.

the more you inboard them the less effective the shock becomes
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
          X