XJ long arm install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ long arm install

So i should be getting my long arms for my xj soon getting the rc kit. Just was wondering how many of you have installed long arm kits and what i should do to prepare for the install. Also problems i might run into if you all can help me out that would be great thanks.

The RC kit seems to be pretty nice for the price. It is all bolt on and if you have an auto you shouldnt have any problems.
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

tis bolt on.

so prepare to loosen and then tighten various bolts.

Comment

your going to need tools
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

start spraying shit with pb blaster. get yourself some big drill bits or find someone who has them. I had the kit on in maybe 4 hours just working by myself. I had a few mishaps with stripped bolts in the stock crossmember bolt holes so that was my only set back. I drilled them out and dropped bolts down through the frame. The kit is pretty self explanatory. Just remember to measure from eye to eye on the arms themselves to make sure they are both the same or your front end wont like you. The kit also uses the factory lower bolts which is kinda lame. I think thats it. If you have any questions shoot me a pm.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Ok thanks i will get pb blaster asap i just havent ever really done anythign liek this before so if will be a challenge lol

Comment

really. spray PB on every bolt for a week before you touch a bolt
              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

install is easy on this kit couple of my buddies run it
                89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

remember to cut off your old body side lower control arm mounts.
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                    really. spray PB on every bolt for a week before you touch a bolt
                    Cant stress this enough.
                    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

ohhhh and torque to spec when putting it back together, basic stuff, but very important.
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

im hoping to get some help from some buddys hopefully be able to use a lift.

Comment

Here are detailed directions you will need

1.Insert straw on can of PB Blaster
                          2.Shake can of PB Blaster vigorously
                          3.Place straw in your nose
                          4.Hold nozzle down till can is empty

Repeat if necessary!

HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                          OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X