lockers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lockers?

lockers front and rear with 32's or 33's with stock rear and front end in a 97' xj?

what type of lockers do you have/recommend?
    2000 Cherokee Sport
    4.5 BDS Suspension
    31" km2's
    Pro Comp Alloys

Joe

depends how much you want to spend. cheap and simple and nice on the road, go with a lunchbox style. Aussie and Powertrax are big ones. run around 250-300 bucks. I run an aussie in the rear and its awesome.

There are also detroit lockers which is a full case locker. but is also in the 500 dollar range.
    than there is ARB air lockers which are in the 800 dollar range.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by gsb1321m View Post
      lockers front and rear with 32's or 33's with stock rear and front end in a 97' xj?

what type of lockers do you have/recommend?
      What rear do you have? Most are going to advise against locking a Dana 35.

You're most economical option would be to run a lunchbox style like Andrew said above me. 200-300 bucks and they can be installed in a driveway by most people with half a brain. Any full case locker like a Detroit or selectable is going to require a re-gear. Not to mention they are hella expensive.

The only downside to lunchbox lockers is they aren't as strong as a full case locker. But, I highly doubt you would have any sort of issue running the tire size you mentioned. A good majority of users on here run lunchbox lockers with zero issues.
      Last edited by Even; 03-08-2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

do you think that the chrystler 8.25 would hold up to being locked better than the dana 35. i mean i wont be doing major rock crawling with the thing just mainly mud with a few small rock like in a stream crossing or something like that
        2000 Cherokee Sport
        4.5 BDS Suspension
        31" km2's
        Pro Comp Alloys

Joe

Comment

in all honesty i would never invest money into a d35

but it comes down to how much work you want to do.... but if you going to be installing the locker yourself, you can swap in a 8.25.
          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

do you think the 30 up front will hold up though. i will probably not be putting in full case lockers because i will not be doing any major wheelin and a lunchbox style should be good enough. not to mention the price difference
            2000 Cherokee Sport
            4.5 BDS Suspension
            31" km2's
            Pro Comp Alloys

Joe

Comment

quite a few people here are lunch boxed in the dana 30 on 33s some do break shafts but it is all about how you wheel if you are pussy footing it i doubt you will see an issue. If you wheel like me you will break shafts on stock tires

yes the 8.25 would hold up to being locked on 33s for light wheeling
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

do you think the 30 up front will hold up though. i will probably not be putting in full case lockers because i will not be doing any major wheelin and a lunchbox style should be good enough. not to mention the price difference
                It wouldn't hurt to upgrade to 760x joints or carry extra d30 shafts
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

quite a few people here are lunch boxed in the dana 30 on 33s some do break shafts but it is all about how you wheel if you are pussy footing it i doubt you will see an issue. If you wheel like me you will break shafts on stock tires
                  i probably wont wheel it that hard since in will also be my DD and my trail rig but i mean im not gonna be a b***h about it either
                  2000 Cherokee Sport
                  4.5 BDS Suspension
                  31" km2's
                  Pro Comp Alloys

Joe

Comment

b***h
                    you dont have to do that here....shit fuck ass. see?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                      you dont have to do that here....shit fuck ass. see?
                      COCK, BALLS!

Ok, Frank, I was just making a point.

*earmuffs off*

Comment

god too know i guess this one of those really kick ass forums that is really open without all the people like at the cursing
                        2000 Cherokee Sport
                        4.5 BDS Suspension
                        31" km2's
                        Pro Comp Alloys

Joe

Comment

i guess this one of those really kick ass forums
                          fuck'n damn skippy
                          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                            fuck'n damn skippy
                            with the coolest wheelers in the whole northeast
                            2000 Cherokee Sport
                            4.5 BDS Suspension
                            31" km2's
                            Pro Comp Alloys

Joe

Comment

with the coolest wheelers in the whole northeast

Comment

Working...
                              X