Neutral Safety Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral Safety Switch

On my buddies 98 Cherokee (automatic), he has to jiggle or rock the shifter back and forth in order to crank over the engine. I know there is a safety switch in there but I'm not sure where it is. Can someone help me find this thing? Anyone do this before? Thanks
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

i believe it's on the right side of the transmisison.
    it might need to be cleaned or re-adjusted
    erika. sweat and dirt;

00 xj & 93 yj.

Comment

http://www.jeepin.com/features/nss/index.asp

Comment

Just did mine a few months ago. And I am in west haven too let me know if you need a hand.

Comment

it's on the passenger side of the tranny tword the front

Comment

i just bypassed mine
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

I have cleaned many of them with very fine sandpaper and a light re greasing. Readjustment is necessary and they are good as new. As said they are located on the right side of the transmission right after the bell housing about 4" back.

RM

Comment

its easier just to bypass it, if its like my 95 its on the left side of the motor towards the back theres a plug, you can look it up which one it is and just stick a paperclip or something in the 3rd to the 5th connectors i think, and it'll start and not be an issue

Comment

cleaning them is super simple.

ive had stuck contacts on them before, just some carb clean and fresh electrical grease and they are good to go
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                  X