closed to open cooling system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closed to open cooling system

I wanna change the cooling system over in my 89, I got the radiator and an overflow bottle, Ive heard you need another heater valve thingy that doesnt have the third connection that would go up to the pressurized tank. Can someone confirm this or tell me what they did. Thanks.
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

there is a little heater vavle thing it comes off the heater core on the enginebay side, it's vaccum operate and plastic 4banger has 1 i think on that shitbox so you best get ahold of him quick!

Comment

Yea i know its there, but idk if there is one without the 3rd tube for the pressure tank.
      98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

I would give advice but my system is so messed up. I have a 3 core radiator for an open style cooling system. So I have a pressurized radiator cap AND a pressurized coolant tank. Lets just say bleeding the system is a strange process.
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

I just slapped a normal rad in my 89 however I have to fill it through the tank not the radiator for some reason Im going to be just running the lines straight to the heater core and by passing the bottle and heater valve..
          89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
          95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
          97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
          If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

I don't know what your heater control valve looks like but the 95 XJ 4.0L has a heater control valve with 2 ins and 2 outs for both heater core lines and vacuum controlled.

That might work for you.

But I'm pretty sure you can just bypass the heater control valve.
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

i can send you a pic of whatever you wanna see from my jeep.... if that helps?

Comment

I think ill just route that 3rd hose that would usually go to the pressure tank back into the cooling system through a T connector, Then just use the new radiator i have and overflow tank..The whole point is to eliminate that stupid pressure tank that always splits.

Comment

Working...
                X