which spray on bedliner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which spray on bedliner?

gonna take out all the rear carpeting shit this weekend and eventually want to herc the whole rear cargo area...can anyone recommend anything they've used? i'd rather use a spray type of paint rather than a brush or roller...
    -Jason
    99WJ 4.0
    IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

I used Herculiner for my trunk space. Im pretty sure they have a spray.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

herculiner is good. Do not use the dupli-color roll on. its awful. if you are going the spray can route, spend the few extra bucks on the better cans. you def pay for what you get with this stuff. the rubberized 3M stuff has worked well for me in the past

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

i keep reading this stuff called POR raptor or something its like 130$ and it comes with a gun..i have like 3 guns at work i could use but id rather not risk damaging them and just using a rustoleum type can or something...i dont recall seeing anything at lowes or home depot though..
        -Jason
        99WJ 4.0

Comment

heres the stuff, looks pretty much the same as herc its just using a gun instead of painting it on..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/u-...talled-562641/
          -Jason
          99WJ 4.0

Comment

tractor supply has the herculiner
            God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

the u-pol raptor kit is badass.. i found it for like 110 somewheres on the interweb, it sprays on easy and isnt as course as the herculiner.
              ohh and its also tintable
              95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

herc is mad easy to do, id be worried about spraying that shit all over my niceness inside.

though my jeep isnt nice, yours is.

Comment

I hurcerlined mine, came out ok. But I put the carpet back in fuck that noise and heat. It was awful with out carpet in the pass area, so hot. It wasnt terible in the cargo area but I still put it back in.
                  -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

i look into each thing...does anyone know if rustoleum or similar product makes a simple can of it just to spray? that raptor kit is said to be alot smoother than herc...im looking to just do the cargo area right now since im gonna be ripping it all apart maybe ill do the front over the summer...
                    -Jason
                    99WJ 4.0

Comment

Duplicolor fucking sucks.

The absolute nicest imo is probably Line-X, but it's $$$

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                        herc is mad easy to do, id be worried about spraying that shit all over my niceness inside.

though my jeep isnt nice, yours is.
                        tis what I was thinking. The U-POL Rapter is good stuff, but your interior may get shitty unless it is taped off very very well. I would say just go with Herc. You will be ok with that.
                        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

3m rubber undercoating is really good stuff. We have it at work ive seen it on vehicles for spray from a can it comes out great. It is more money then the duplicolor or other brands but i think its well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
                            3m rubber undercoating is really good stuff. We have it at work ive seen it on vehicles for spray from a can it comes out great. It is more money then the duplicolor or other brands but i think its well worth it.
                            Thats what I sprayed inside my TJ. only had to re-spray under the gas pedal once in two years.
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
                              is this stuff similar to herc/raptor or is it more of a rubber type spray on thing..we get great deals with 3m where i work..
                              -Jason
                              99WJ 4.0

Comment

Working...
                              X