replacement leaf spring bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Even View Post
    I got pretty quick at removing the leaf bushing sleeves last time I did mine.

I cut a notch in them with a sawzall(you'll know when you hit the spring eye, it will rattle your head apart), then used a hammer and punch/chisel to wedge underneath the notched piece. Once it crimps together slightly it's real easy to hammer out. Using a little lube never hurts either.
    exactly what i did, works good
    dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
      they changed bushing size apparently sometime down the road... and there are def different stock size bushings. ive seen ones the same size as my rustys and ive seen ones that are HUGE like the ones i got from alex.
      i got the huge ones that were from quadratec, they no fit
      dirty30

Comment

OEM ones do not fit rustys leafs.....oops. any other suggestions?

just read over that thread again. the napa ones measure 2.5" in diameter. the rustys eyes are 2" as well as the RE ones. but apparently Qtec has 2" OEM ones...
        Last edited by CumminsJeep; 02-27-2010, 11:28 AM.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

bump....need some 2 inch bushings fast! and i dont wanna order rustys ones. anyone know if poly ones would be better? Im pretty sure RE uses poly ones.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
            bump....need some 2 inch bushings fast! and i dont wanna order rustys ones. anyone know if poly ones would be better? Im pretty sure RE uses poly ones.
            Last I spoke to Rustys, they sell both Poly and Rubber replacements. I'm pretty sure poly is more durable.

Being the fucking moron that I am, I actually asked for their advice. They told me to go with rubber

But, I don't even know why I'm telling you this. Most likely your response will be something to the effect of "fuck Rustys".

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
              Last I spoke to Rustys, they sell both Poly and Rubber replacements. I'm pretty sure poly is more durable.

Being the fucking moron that I am, I actually asked for their advice. They told me to go with rubber

But, I don't even know why I'm telling you this. Most likely your response will be something to the effect of "fuck Rustys".
              well Im gonna say fuck rustys rubber ones haha. I have no experience with their poly ones so if i have to go that route i will. RJ said he may have some for me too

Comment

Go to a spring shop.
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                  Go to a spring shop.
                  dirty30

Comment

i have a set of rancho bushings. i'll check the diameter tomorrow
                    94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
                    3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

http://www.alcanspring.com/ check this out, not sure if they have the size you'll need..

Comment

Working...
                      X