Light Setup Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Setup Opinion

Now that i have my bumper build going, im re-thinking my light setup. I have 2 hellas that i was gonna put onto my stinger, but im not sure on what to do with my flood lights.

What do you guys think on mounting these yellow lights up on my cowl?

Yes
    9.09%
    No
    90.91%
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

i wouldn't do it. i had mine up there for a while and never really used em. they're illegal on the road and blind people off road. no real need for them
    94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
    3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

Why would you put lights on your hood?
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
        Why would you put lights on your hood?
        next to my windshield wipers

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
          next to my windshield wipers
          OK, why the fuck would you put lights there...
          sigpic

Comment

seen it done before on other XJ's. My first thoughts were to keep the floods up on my stinger, and use my hellas on the roof.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

floods are going to reflect like a bitch unless you have flat paint on the hood...
              89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
              95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
              97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
              If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
                floods are going to reflect like a bitch unless you have flat paint on the hood...
                Didn't think of that factor.

Quick question, on the new model XJ's they can run the fog light switch without having to turn the headlights on. What did they change, or what can i do to do to set mine up like that. ( i have a '89)

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                  Didn't think of that factor.

Quick question, on the new model XJ's they can run the fog light switch without having to turn the headlights on. What did they change, or what can i do to do to set mine up like that. ( i have a '89)
                  Just run the wires separately. When you want them on, you flip the switch you installed...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    Just run the wires separately. When you want them on, you flip the switch you installed...
                    Since im not to good with wiring/electrical, i was just going to use the original wiring.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I ran them on my hood and it was ok i guess. I really do not see the need for more lighting than stock. I think lights in the back are more worth while
                      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
                        I ran them on my hood and it was ok i guess. I really do not see the need for more lighting than stock.
                        my first time night wheeling it was worth it already

especially in bigger open areas
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Ive been there and i didnt really care. But granted my night wheeling is never in a 100% state
                          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

This thread hurts my Brain.

Don't put anything on your hood, it obstructs vision and everything else.

I such with Electricity too, but learn it quick and don't run your aftermarket lights in with your normal lights, it's stupid and it gets old quick. Wire them separately.
                            sigpic

Comment

How would i setup the wiring? I know im underthinking it but could i just run the positive to a switch, then a wire to the batt. accessory?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                              X