Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights

i plan on getting a few hella 500 offroad lights for my roof and was wondering if it would be better to run those lights off a separate power source besides the main battery for the truck. thanx
    1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
    .,=====o00o ______________
    //___l__,\____\,___ ____
    l_---\____l----[]lllllll[] _
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

How many do you mean by a few? And what type of battery are you running?
    Last edited by LittleD; 02-20-2010, 07:15 PM.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

when i say a few i mean four on the roof, i have four light tabs on the rack and plan on putting them up there. the battery that i have is a yellow top optima battery.
      1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
      //___l__,\____\,___ ____
      _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

U shouldn't have any problems with a Optima.
        God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

now when i get the lights, is it true that i can run two of the hella's off one switch with a relay and a fuse?
          //___l__,\____\,___ ____
          _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

i'm not too familiar with how relays work but have an idea, and here is what i do for wiring which might be something you want to look into because it is cheap.

the simplest and cheapest way to wire lights though is to just get a high amperage toggle switch and run the hot wire to the fuse then to the switch then to the 1, 2, or more lights that are on the circuit and ground the end of the circuit. generally a switch can't handle more than 2 lights though because 50 amps is on of the higher end switches that you'll find. for example i have two 20 amp lights on one 50 amp switch so that only pulls 40 amps on the switch. just though maybe this wiring might make your life easier if you were interested.

anyone correct me on any of this if i am wrong too, i'm not 100% sure it is all correct.
            Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

Run a relay on the lights, Hella lights come with an entire harness that takes next to no time to wire up and it includes a relay and directions
              89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
              95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
              97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
              If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

the kit that i had purchased from Morris 4x4 was the Hella 500 dual light kit, and it does come with directions and everything to wire it up in minutes.
                //___l__,\____\,___ ____
                _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

Your battery will be fine and just use the Hella wiring and extend it if you need to. Definitely use a relay unless you wanna burn your jeep up.

Comment

i think the real question here is.....Are you gonna paint your light covers or not? You know the girls pay STRICT attention to your lights
                    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
                      i think the real question here is.....Are you gonna paint your light covers or not? You know the girls pay STRICT attention to your lights
                      FINE! ILL PAINT MY SMILEYS BLACK. GOSH.
                      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X