Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

i am in the market for some new tires and im sorta stuck in between two sets, the first would be the Kumho Road venture M/T and the Goodyear wrangler duratracs. im leaning towards the duratracs, but i want to get your opinions
    1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
    .,=====o00o ______________
    //___l__,\____\,___ ____
    l_---\____l----[]lllllll[] _
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

cooper stt !

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
      cooper stt !
      made in the same place as procomp
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

the KL71? those are a show truck tire. the duratrac though is a nice piece, made from the same carcass as the kevlar and silentarmor... kinda a hybrid between em. both are AWESOME tires, id go goodyear.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
          the KL71? those are a show truck tire. the duratrac though is a nice piece, made from the same carcass as the kevlar and silentarmor... kinda a hybrid between em. both are AWESOME tires, id go goodyear.
          I think I'm going duratrac as my next tire. The stt's are nice, but I want my replacement tires to be load range c.

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
            made in the same place as procomp
            damn beat me to it
            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
            didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
            Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
            he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
            Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
            i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

now for road noise is there a major difference comparing the duratracs to the STT
              1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
              //___l__,\____\,___ ____
              _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

kmduece?
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by 98XJ4X4 View Post
                  now for road noise is there a major difference comparing the duratracs to the STT
                  Mine are way louder than Will's from the last time I rode in his Jeep. When RJ took mine for a ride he was surprised at how loud they were and said they were almost as loud as his swampers. That is why I am thinking the duratracs are my next tire as they actually make a load range c 245/75R16 which I'm probably sticking with. I think that is one of the reasons mine have sucked on tread wear compared to his as well is that they are a higher load range. I get angry when I look at my spare compared to the others.

Comment

im now leaning toward the km2's i can find them pretty cheap at the tire pro near my house, so i think im gonna go out tommarow and get an estimate, oo the size would be 33x12.5x15
                    //___l__,\____\,___ ____
                    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

My brother has the kuhmos on his xj and man do they suck... hes always having traction problems in snow its terrible and theyre not too great in sand either
                      Last edited by WAD357; 02-15-2010, 07:12 PM.
                      89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                      95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                      97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                      If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

ive learned that the kumhos are pretty much just a show truck tire or a tire that just plain out suck as a snow tire or mud tire
                        //___l__,\____\,___ ____
                        _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

kumhos are suck rhyno balls...

Comment

Working...
                          X