Tuff country lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuff country lift

just browsing through lifts anyone have experience with the tuff country 3.5 inch lift seen here http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/jeep_XJ.htm not the ez flex but the standard lift?

dont buy tuff country.....you get what you pay for....i would look at rough country for a cheaper better lift

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Id really like to be able to clear 31's but dont wanna go to high with a 4.5 though my search continues i was considering a budget boost for a while

Comment

You can clear 31s fine with a 3 in lift.

Comment

how much trimming will need to be done

Comment

None. 31s are great for 3 inchs of lift. I run 33s on 3 inchs of lift like many others in SIS.
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

3 inch rough country or rustys are both good choices

rustysoffroad.com
              roughcountry.com

Comment

what else should i add to my wish list of things to get with the lift. iam not sure the slip yoke eliminator is necessary as of yet? what else should i start pricing out

Comment

I have the Rusty 3 inch and its nice. I should of saved a little more and gone with the Rubicon express 3 inch superflex. It comes with everything you will need. As for the SYE it really depends per XJ. A lot of people here go with the SYE from PORC and if you have a auto you can get another Auto XJ front driveshaft to use as a rear with SYE. When you get a lift kit make sure you get FULL leaf packs not an Add a leaf.
                  -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

as for the slip yoke eliminator, you may be ok without it. as for other upgrades, if you plan on playin in the rocks, you are going to want protection. skid plates, rocker panel sliders, bumpers etc etc. lockers are also one of the best things you can do....a locker like an aussie or powertrax would be ideal for on and off road performance. upgraded steering would be a good investment too so you dont bend anything.

Comment

for right now i wont be going near rocks because it is going to be my dd just trails and mud a locker will be later if i build it up that long. i should be ok with jsut the lift without like a steering stabilizer or something like that?

Comment

well you should have a steering stabilizer already but a beefier one wouldnt be a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                        X