2002 duramax + red fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 duramax + red fuel

I cant remember who it was, but someone on here works at or worked at a chevy dealer. Question is - is it true or false that a 2002 2500 Duramax will NOT run on red fuel? Please... only confirmed replys. I heard something to this effect, but it is unconfirmed.

Thanks!
    -Tim

i'm pretty sure farm/off road diesel (red) and green diesel (on road) are the same except for the the sulfur content. on road needs to be under 15ppm. However, i think it still runs fine with off road diesel. it's just a very expensive ticket if you get caught.
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
      i'm pretty sure farm/off road diesel (red) and green diesel (on road) are the same except for the the sulfur content. on road needs to be under 15ppm. However, i think it still runs fine with off road diesel. it's just a very expensive ticket if you get caught.
      Chances are they won't check the tank on a pick up though.
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

the only way they'd dip the tank is if he was towing commcerially with it..

Comment

It's a hefty fine but you can run red.
          88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

they can acually check for it with a infread gun pointed at the tail pipe

Comment

Originally posted by Wide-J View Post
              It's a hefty fine but you can run red.
              Im pretty sure you get fined per gallon also, not just a flat fee.
              Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
              2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
              2009 Pontiac G8 GT
              2004 Z1000
              1999 TJ

Comment

and as far as it having any ill effects on the duramax... it'll be fine, just change your fuel filter more often and you'll be fine!

Comment

When I grew up in Kansas all we did was run red/farm fuel, it doesnt hurt anything. If you do get caught though it is a very big fine. I dunno about the North east but in the mid west its very common to get your tank dipped
                  You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

as of 2012 they won't even be making the red shit any more, maybe even sooner, 2010 requires all off road diesels to run ultra low sulfur fuel, the green/yellow. in 2012 marine and railroad will have to as well. Red will only hurt 2007 and newer vehicles.
                    -Ryan

Rigs:
                    07 Toyota Tacoma, 4.0L V6, 6spd Man., 3" Susp. Lift on 33x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, Plenty of Light and Exhaust mods too - SOLD IT!!
                    94 Toyota Pickup/w'93 yota body, 3.0L V6, 5spd Man., Body swapped, Removeable Doors, Rear Locker, 36x13-16 Bias TSLs on 16x7" steel wheels, rock sliders, Custom bed and start of Roll Cage

Comment

Working...
                    X