Serpentine Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serpentine Belt

So this is going to be the first time I have ever changed the serpentine belt on my 2.5l TJ. I have done alternators belts (other cars) before but what do I have to do different with the serpentine?
    I need the 4.0L!!!!!!!!!!!

im not sure on the 2.5, but there is going to be an adjustment point that creates tension on the belt, it will probably be the power steering pump bracket. loosen those bolts removing tension and take the belt off.

there should be a diagram under the hood on how to route the belt, if not draw it on a peice of paper b4 you take the old on off.

put the new one on, tighten the belt up and tighten the bolts on the power steering bracket
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

How much play should be in the belt?

Comment

not much
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

you should have some tension on it but not crazy tight..

Comment

1/4" play or 1/2" play

Comment

12777653 newton foot pounds

haha, i go by "ok i put this thing on tight.. does it squeak? does my alternator and power steering work? ok im good"

Comment

fair enough. thanks

Comment

Working...
                X