rear main

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear main

alright so my dad said he's payin for it, which suprised the living hell outta me but anyway, is it one piece or two? and i have to drop the tranny to do it right? never done it before.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

i in needz of rear main seal too. it was a 2 piece on my old xj. dunno if it changes from year to year. it was an 89 renix 4.0. and you just had to drop the oil pan. no tranny removal
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

yea i just did some reading, two piece gaskets FTW

i've needed one since i got it, its always been leaking alittle bit, like quarter size puddle overnight. but today it started smoking so i stop and look under it and oil everywhere. rear main deff exploded somehow and now it needs to get fixed.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

tranny does not need to be pulled

Comment

2 piece remains, take off the oil pain remove the last main bearing cap the bottom piece is easy to get out the top piece can be a bit tricky they like to get stuck in there use something blunt to push it out try not to scratch the crank.

Check the crank for excessive play if there is too much play it will leak again.
          They should sell a 2 lip seal which will keep the seal out of the old groove.

Put some anaerobic stuff on the main bearing to seal it off do not use silicone it will clog the oil passage.

and you good to go.
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

sounds like a plan. doin it up when i get outta school.

i love how it went from just a small leak to about a quart overnight.......

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
            X