Fuel injector leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel injector leak?

Is there any way to fix a fuel injector that leaks?

My original injector was leaking so i took a couple off my spare engine and right under the plastic connector, gas leaks out of the seam. Im guessing it's from dry rot but any help would be appreciated.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

if it's the injector it's self leaking replace it but if it's the o ring, just get a new o-ring

Comment

yeah dude on the renix (and probably a lot of other shit) there's an upper and lower o-ring. swap some new ones on there or scavenge some decent one off some other injectors and there ya go. make sure you have the clips from the fuel rail all set too.
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

Stock injectors tend to leak after a while. You are better replacing them with Bosch style injectors.

Comment

sounds like o-rings to me, napa sells them as a kit. i replaced mine while i put a new header on. think the kit is like $6 or something. use a little vasoline to help the new one's on
          up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
          eliminator MJ - Sold
          99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
          Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

some kits even come with lube. I got some mustang injectors from a friend for mine and went to autism zone to get the injectors. They Come with a little packet of lube and little cone shaped tool t put em on. It was 8 bucks.

Just make sure u don't fuck up the little o ring on the quick disconnect part of the fuel rail. You will pour gas onto your manifold. If you do fuck it up don't lose it. Bring it to a good autoparts store and the guys there should be able to match it if they aren't tards.
            Last edited by wannabejeep; 01-25-2010, 11:43 PM.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

Yeah -its probably the o-ring. When you don't ease the injector into the hole the o-ring gets damaged OR when you bolt down the fuel rail it can pull the injector offset

get a new o-ring and seat the injector properly
              http://www.chucksirois.com/jeep

Comment

seating all the injectors correctly at once can be a pain in the ass btw, took me multiple tries and alot of swearing
                up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                  seating all the injectors correctly at once can be a pain in the ass btw, took me multiple tries and alot of swearing
                  my big mistake was taking the injectors off of the fuel rail on the spare engine, o-rings are bad but thats not what was leaking, on all of the ones i have it leaks right here:

But is there anyplace to get these cheaper than $50 or is that the average price?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

junkyard.
                    eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                      my big mistake was taking the injectors off of the fuel rail on the spare engine, o-rings are bad but thats not what was leaking, on all of the ones i have it leaks right here:

But is there anyplace to get these cheaper than $50 or is that the average price?
                      I may have 2 mustang ones lying around. Yours for very little. But they are at home and I am not.
                      1999 sierra
                      1967 M725 Big and Slow
                      -Dan

Comment

keep me posted, need these asap cause im getting light headed from the smell of gas in my interior.

Edit: what effect will this have running only 1 aftermarket one?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

oh alright you may be better off snaggin em from somewhere. I won't be home for a few weeks most likely.
                          1999 sierra
                          1967 M725 Big and Slow
                          -Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X