headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlights

A couple weeks ago, my driver side headlight stopped working, high beam worked fine though. I through a spare headlight i had laying around in and the low beam worked fine again.

tonight... driver side low beam stops working again... few hours later both low beams stop working but both high beams work fine still.

what would cause the low beams to go out but not the high beams? will check fuses first thing in the a.m. also google is telling my about a dimmer switch..?
    Last edited by Scottmc01; 01-21-2010, 01:31 AM.
    87 Comanche 4.0 4wd

The XJ's are notorious for this issue, in fact I encountered the same problem. The actual headlight switch itself (the little knob that you pull out to turn the headlights on) goes bad. It's a cheap part, you can pick one up at Auto Zone or Pep Boys and the replacement itself should take you no more than an hour. Bad one out, new one in, simple and you have headlights again.
    06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

got a new switch and swapped it out and still had the same problem. fuses are good also.

any other ideas?
      87 Comanche 4.0 4wd

Comment

hows your connections, maybe try replace the headlights ?....

Comment

had a simmilar prob, pull the headlights and check/clean the connections. They may have melted or something.

Comment

Working...
          X