YJ rear axle swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ rear axle swap

A friend of mine is building his YJ. It has alread been stripped down to the frame (which was solid) and he's building it back up. He got a 4 inch lift for and plans to run 35's.

Probably not locked, but if it is, it will be just in the rear. He was talking about gearing the 35 before I talked him out of it. I told him an 8.8 would be his best bet but he was concerned about bolt pattern and ease of install. Any input from you YJ guys? Anyone know of any 8.8's for a fair price?
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

explorer 8.8 31 spline w/ disc brakes can be had fairly cheap they are the same lug pattern and the 30 and 35

pretty straight forward swap cut perches off set pinion angle weld new ones on. Get the m.o.r.e 1310 adapter
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

sweet thanks RJ I'll pass the info on to him. What year exploder are we talkin here?
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

95ish iirc and up
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

yep excellent swap. come lsd too but can't lock those. find an open one and lock it.
          2 tj's
          3 yj's
          2 xj's
          i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Working...
          X