Tube Benders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Benders

Alright, so Corey, Kappy, and I are in the market for a tubing bender....
    i know there are some people on here with experience and might be able to give a little feedback on what to look for...
    -I was looking at the JD2 models, but i would really like an air/hydro setup and would like the best bang for the buck...

-Pro Tools Seems to have a killer price and package deal for their mechanical bender, but once again.... i wana be lazy and push a button to bend things

-Pro Tools also has the plans to build a hydro bender, but i would like to know if this will produce a quality bend such as the mechanical benders.

Any info would be much appreciated, as this is a pretty important purchase that i would not like to be disappointed with.
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

If you don't have crazy amount of room you need to go with hydraulic bender.
    If your bending a long tube with a manual one that is bolted to the floor you need enough room for it to swing tube all around the room. If it is hydraulic you can just rotate the stand.

They will all make equal quality bends.

I like the last style bender you have listed but it only bends up to 90º but you can just make a second bend a couple inches a way and there is not to often you go more than 90º maybe a stinger.
    That bender will also bend right up to the end of the tube good if you have to tweak something in. Nice not having to waste a foot of tubing.

That is the style of bender used at the race shop, you can always upgrade the cylinder to electric our air.

You just measure Ram Stroke instead of degree ring, it just a reference number anyways. like 97º= 90º bend or 3.75"=90º bend.

The manual ones are about the same I would go with the most dies and hydraulic ability.
    The manual one used had problems when bending heavy tubing the spring back would be greater than the ratchet point so I would have to jam it to keep if from springing back I don't know if they fixed that on the newer ones.

I have the model 4 works well no complaints.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I have a JD2 model 3 with an air/hydraulic on it. It works great. No complaints. Spend the money are get the bend tech software. Its worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
        If you don't have crazy amount of room you need to go with hydraulic bender.
        If your bending a long tube with a manual one that is bolted to the floor you need enough room for it to swing tube all around the room. If it is hydraulic you can just rotate the stand.

They will all make equal quality bends.

I like the last style bender you have listed but it only bends up to 90º but you can just make a second bend a couple inches a way and there is not to often you go more than 90º maybe a stinger.
        That bender will also bend right up to the end of the tube good if you have to tweak something in. Nice not having to waste a foot of tubing.

That is the style of bender used at the race shop, you can always upgrade the cylinder to electric our air.

You just measure Ram Stroke instead of degree ring, it just a reference number anyways. like 97º= 90º bend or 3.75"=90º bend.

The manual ones are about the same I would go with the most dies and hydraulic ability.
        The manual one used had problems when bending heavy tubing the spring back would be greater than the ratchet point so I would have to jam it to keep if from springing back I don't know if they fixed that on the newer ones.

I have the model 4 works well no complaints.
        i'm going to make the top bender in my machine design class
        1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

Make a couple I'm sure a few guys here would want it.
          Hydraulic ram and a die and your bending tubs.
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I bought a 105HD (thicker Arms) but havent had a chance to use it yet. Giantsfan keeps bugging me to "learn" on his jeep. this spring I might have to take him up on that.
            Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
            2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
            2009 Pontiac G8 GT
            2004 Z1000
            1999 TJ

Comment

Anyone know where I can get to Cnc files to make the dies?
              1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

im really liking this design... can be moved anywhere.. can bend 180 degrees.. the air hydrolic ram is mad cheap from harbor freight...

anyone with feedback on that style??
                Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                some people choose video games
                some choose projects
                some choose welding random things together

Comment

Looks like a good setup!
                  HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                  OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Which bender is that?? link?
                    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                    • 5.13's
                    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                    • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

get something that bends a good tube

and doesnt take long to build or get here
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                        get something that bends a good tube

and doesnt take long to build or get here

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post

im really liking this design... can be moved anywhere.. can bend 180 degrees.. the air hydrolic ram is mad cheap from harbor freight...

anyone with feedback on that style??
                          I owned a JD2 Model 3 with air/hydro setup and it worked perfect. The design in the picture is the www.gottrikes.com air/hydro bender. I bought the plans for them and will sell you them for $10 if you are interested. The plans were sent to me as a PDF file.
                          88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

http://www.probender.com/Pro32.gif

I have the pro4 bender, once you bent vertically you wont go back.

Comment

Why not get the JD2 Model 3 w/a die or two in manual mode for now and upgrade to hydro later? The adapter, cylinder and air over hydraulic pump from JD2 is $1000 with tax and shipping. Also, the air over hydraulic pumps are slow as shit and I would rather bend manually because it is painfully slow for so much money invested.

If you're handy and know a little about hydraulics, you can build a full hydro system for a LOT cheaper. You need to find a used high pressure hydraulic pump (fixed displacement), a used electric motor with a HP or KW rating matching the pump, a double acting cylinder, and a 4 port/3 direction control valve (like the lever types for backhoes). If anyone wants to go this route or you have questions about hydraulic circuits or anything, feel free to ask.
                              You're a ___________

Comment

Working...
                              X