LED tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED tail lights

well, when i installed my new JCR tail lights, i had wired everything up correctly and when i had tested the directionals, they are blinking quicker then normal. like if you were to have a OEM tail light out, my question is, how to make them flash like normal. what do i have to change?
    1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
    .,=====o00o ______________
    //___l__,\____\,___ ____
    l_---\____l----[]lllllll[] _
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

You need to change the flasher under the dash to an electronic one, I'm pretty sure the model is ep-27. Should be able to get them at most auto parts stores for like 20 bucks.

Comment

now cant i sever one of the circuit board lines and see if that works first, then go to autozone and buy the ep-27
      1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
      .,=====o00o ______________
      //___l__,\____\,___ ____
      l_---\____l----[]lllllll[] _
      _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

I'm not sure that would help, the reason they flash so fast is the leds draw such little power that the stock flasher dosnt know they are there,It thinks the regular bulb is burned out so it gives you the fast flash to let you know you have a turn signal out. If you try the hazard lights you will find they work normally.

Comment

Working...
        X