Axle help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle help

hey all you axle gurus, I need some advice/help. Im looking at this axle from this kid josh contacted for me. His whole break situation is really shady to me.. do you guys think this seems to be a problem down the road??

build
    http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthrea...&highlight=5x4

thanks in advance
    You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

that looks scary, i cant even tell what some of the brackets do. good job researching it first.

i wouldnt buy it unless he gave me a sheet of EVERYTHING on that axle, every brake part what it comes from, part numbers etc.

even then i would probably start over on the brakes.
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
      that looks scary, i cant even tell what some of the brackets do. good job researching it first.

i wouldnt buy it unless he gave me a sheet of EVERYTHING on that axle, every brake part what it comes from, part numbers etc.

even then i would probably start over on the brakes.
      thanks Sam, thats what I was thinking. Im learning a lot more with all the axle research I have been doing, but Im still shady on the brake set ups...

as far as brackets(everything to bolt it into a TJ) thats separate and based on the suspension(correct?)

What exactly bracketry wise goes on with the brakes, I was all excited about this axle until I saw this brake craziness

Comment

suspension brackets appear good to go.

brakes spook me

Comment

There has to be rotors that go onto that bolt pattern though right??

Comment

yes

Comment

ok guys, I think im going to buy this rear 60. Just wanted some last opinions before I decided.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851047

rear D60, chevy breaks, 35 spline yukon Chromo shafts, cut to 60" WMS.

the guy said he would ship it and everything for me for $600 thats a pretty decent deal isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
                ok guys, I think im going to buy this rear 60. Just wanted some last opinions before I decided.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851047

rear D60, chevy breaks, 35 spline yukon Chromo shafts, cut to 60" WMS.

the guy said he would ship it and everything for me for $600 thats a pretty decent deal isnt it?
                It says it has no carrier or gears, which isn't a killer deal but I guess it's not terrible. D60 rears are a dime a dozen, I basically picked up mine for free. I think you would be better off building your own, rather than looking for something that's built by someone else.

BTW, why are you even bothering looking for something bolt into a TJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                  It says it has no carrier or gears, which isn't a killer deal but I guess it's not terrible. D60 rears are a dime a dozen, I basically picked up mine for free. I think you would be better off building your own, rather than looking for something that's built by someone else.

BTW, why are you even bothering looking for something bolt into a TJ?
                  All I need to do is get a locker and gears, brackets are going to be replaced no matter what the axle is and then it would be shortened.

This is already shortened, that saves money.

and I dont understand your last question?

Comment

All I need to do is get a locker and gears, brackets are going to be replaced no matter what the axle is and then it would be shortened.

This is already shortened, that saves money.

and I dont understand your last question?
                    Well that last 60 you showed wasn't, but before that it seemed like you were trying to find something that was bolt into a TJ. IMHO, if you are going to 1-tons, you are going to want to redesign the suspension. Stock TJ suspension geometry probably isn't ideal.

Comment

Well that last 60 you showed wasn't, but before that it seemed like you were trying to find something that was bolt into a TJ. IMHO, if you are going to 1-tons, you are going to want to redesign the suspension. Stock TJ suspension geometry probably isn't ideal.
                      Im just trying to find 60s that are already TJ width. Im not looking for full width because of PA laws and I will still drive the jeep on the road.

Clayton high clearance brackets are going on the axle, thats why I dont care what brackets are on it(non in this case) and the whole suspension is getting re done with Clayton LAs.

Comment

Im just trying to find 60s that are already TJ width. Im not looking for full width because of PA laws and I will still drive the jeep on the road.

Clayton high clearance brackets are going on the axle, thats why I dont care what brackets are on it(non in this case) and the whole suspension is getting re done with Clayton LAs.
                        Sounds like a good plan to me

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me
                          so with all that said, you see nothing else wrong with that axle? Probably going to do 4.88s and an ARB.

Comment

so with all that said, you see nothing else wrong with that axle? Probably going to do 4.88s and an ARB.
                            It seems alright to me.

Comment

Last edited by Saharicon; 01-18-2010, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X