No announcement yet.

aussie lockers (lunchbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know how you would find out whther the D30 is a high range or low range one? you said commonly tjs and zjs but are there any definnite markings on them or something?
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

Originally posted by konastinky1234 View Post
      does anyone know how you would find out whther the D30 is a high range or low range one? you said commonly tjs and zjs but are there any definnite markings on them or something?
      you look at it. if the yoke output of the axle it high, then its a high pinion, if its low its a low pinion

you dont want to go over 4.88 gears on a d30 anyways. the pinion gets tiny at that ratio and is easier to break
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by konastinky1234 View Post
        Look at where the Pinion yoke is in relation to the axles tubes...
        If it is below the axle tubes then it is low pinion.

If it is Above the axle tubes then it is High pinion.

If your axles are stock in your TJ, I can guarantee you that you have low pinion.
        Last edited by SupermanIce-J; 01-09-2010, 09:28 PM.
        2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
        • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
        • 4.0/42rle/np241or
        • 5.13's
        • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
        • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
          If your axles are stock in your TJ, I can guarantee you that you have low pinion.
          x2
          Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

hey 4bangertj how is your speed with the 4cyl, 33s and 4.88 gears? i've heard it's close to stock but wasn't sure. do you think you could put on 35s and still go highway speed and regular road acceleration decently? sorry for so many questions but im planning for the future of my 4 banger.
            Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

he is not 4.88 yet he is 4.10 now iirc
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

not sure if this would work with a 4 banger but here.

http://jeeptalk.org/gear_chart.php
                Last edited by LittleD; 01-09-2010, 08:28 PM.
                God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                  i'll bring the hate

dont know about aussie's but lock-rights bring the suck. they wear out, they skip, they stay locked sometimes acing like a spool. and they some time violently engage and disengage and that is what snaps shafts
                  Aussies are vastly improved in design over other lunchboxes. I have yet to see or hear anything bad about aussies I have one in my front 44 but I have yet to use it yet.
                  Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
                  2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
                  2009 Pontiac G8 GT
                  2004 Z1000
                  1999 TJ

Comment

Working...
                  X