new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new project

well i finally got rid of my YJ.... gonna start with something in a new direction...got a 97 TJ w/ 4" skyjacker lift(my wifes)and 33's....heres the thing, i really dont know shit about TJ's....but i have an idea in mind and want to know what you think and suggestions are really helpful....i would like to do this w/as low as COG as possible and get 37's on this....so what should i ditch?what should i keep?

this is what it has:

d30/35 w/ stock gearing and 33's
    no SYE
    4.0L
    4" skyjacker lift w/short arms
    and thats about it....

anybody have any ideas or could you point me to a thread that does? also want to upgrade the axles just enough to run 37's beacuase this will not go any larger than that....may be considered as a Daily driver ,too...
    99 XJ on tons and 40s....

ditch that dana 35, go with a sye and go with tube fenders and a small body lift and you might be able to squeeze some 35's/36's on it...

Comment

get dana 44's and do a the RE 2.5 or the rough country 2.5 inch lift and then run a high line kit, youll have no problems clearing 37's and the RE kit is also a long arm and available with a stretch.

Comment

The best advice I can give you, is to research how much time and money you are going to invest in this before you decide "I want to run 37's".

Take it from someone who did the same, and got in over their head. I'm going through with my build(XJ), but it's certainly put a hurting on my wallet.

Going from 33/35's to 37's is a fairly big jump.

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
          get dana 44's and do a the RE 2.5 or the rough country 2.5 inch lift and then run a high line kit, youll have no problems clearing 37's and the RE kit is also a long arm and available with a stretch.
          ditch the 4" lift? its brand new....but....the 2.5" RE is long arm?

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
            The best advice I can give you, is to research how much time and money you are going to invest in this before you decide "I want to run 37's".

Take it from someone who did the same, and got in over their head. I'm going through with my build(XJ), but it's certainly put a hurting on my wallet.

Going from 33/35's to 37's is a fairly big jump.
            oh...im quite familiar with spending a shitload of time and money that i dont have on a project....but this time around i want to do it right the first time,so if it involves waiting and saving$$$,then so be it....i basically want to get all parts first once i decide what direction im going....then go from there...i couldve ran 37's on my YJ and stopped there but i wanted something just a little bit lower and smoother...

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
              ditch that dana 35, go with a sye and go with tube fenders and a small body lift and you might be able to squeeze some 35's/36's on it...
              yeh,youve seen the wifes jeep....looks like it could clear 35's right now maybe,huh?....but i really want 37's for the extra clearance and the sye is first on the list

Comment

Uhhhh, yo.

36"s on 2.5" of lift.

Mines not done yet. but now i know how to go about this and how not to. If you want any advice, i bet i could give you a boat load.
                good luck, youre gonna need it.
                "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

get waggy 44's. lock and gear them and throw them under. highline the fenders and you'll have plenty of clearance. heres how. http://www.higherground4x4.com/Tech/...tructional.pdf. find somebody to trade your 4" coils for 2.5". you'll be rolling. long arm kits are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for tjs but that'd be an extremely good investment. theres no real need for an sye at that height most likely but i dunno if they're stronger or not.
                  Last edited by Arundlemcbrundle; 01-06-2010, 02:45 PM.
                  2 tj's
                  3 yj's
                  2 xj's
                  i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
                    Uhhhh, yo.

36"s on 2.5" of lift.

Mines not done yet. but now i know how to go about this and how not to. If you want any advice, i bet i could give you a boat load.
                    good luck, youre gonna need it.
                    how???? looks like more than 2.5'

Comment

I have a one inch body lift also, which i would highly recommend considering. if not a body lift, just poly mounts rather than the stock rubber ones (if you can find them) it helps greatly with body roll.
                      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

the 1 inch body lift is a good idea, you can clean off the top of the frame alot easier this way...

Comment

Stock height for comparison

5.5" of lift

i actually have 3.5" RE coils waiting to go in. worth it for me considering i have the big ol' trussed D60 up front. with a set of 38"s on there i dont doubt that it will still have a low COG feel for what it is. still have a lot more work to do tho.

Comment

looks good

Comment

thanks alot!

Comment

Working...
                              X