bad ground...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad ground...

alright so i was having alot of trouble getting the jeep started so after throwing a bunch of parts at it, fuel pump, fuel pump assembly, ignition coil, rotor, wires, plugs etc. i sent it to my mechanic. he had it for 3 weeks and he couldnt fix it cuz he was overloaded with other stuff but he told me that he thinks its a bad ground somewhere, possibly in the harness somewhere. so, whats happening is when its cold, it wont start at all. ive been putting the key in it and letting it sit for a few and eventually the check engine light and shift indicator light would come on and the fuel pump would turn on. once that happens it will start right away with no problems. as of now i cant get it started. what was happening recently when its cold is i would let the key sit in it and eventually (probably like 15 20 minutes or so) the battery light would start flashing and i could hear a clicking under the hood. after about a minute of that the lights would come on and the fuel pump would turn on, and it would start. i found that the clicking sounded to be coming from the under the hood fuse box. all the fuses are good, relays are all good (i replaced all of them) battery cables seem to be good, connection to the box seems to be good. im just stuck here and have no idea what to do, i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and has any advice. when its warm out the lights and pump will come on after like 3 minutes of the key being in the ignition. once its running and warmed up, i can turn it off, and it would start right back up again. idk what the fucks goin on with it but i cant figure it out, any ideas? sorry for the rediculously long explanation. 93 xj 4.0 5 speed. since it wont start i get to take my fiancees dodge stratus to the meet and greet, yaaayyyy!
    Last edited by Trailer Ray; 12-12-2009, 08:12 AM.
    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

100 percent ur gonna need a new computer.... hopefully u dont have a sooper dooper rare one like i did.... only places i could get one was the dealership for 500+.... or advanced auto was able to have a remade one ordered and it took about 3 weeks to get and i wana say around 200 bucks.....

this happened to me while i was in high school and every morning i would unplug the computer from under the hood and bring it in to school with me to keep it warm..... what happens is the jelly shit inside the computer dry rots/cracks and fucks with everything....
    Last edited by justtorchit; 12-14-2009, 09:29 AM.
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Comment

so weird being temperature related like that
      up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
      eliminator MJ - Sold
      99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
      Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Working...
      X