Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter

Ok so heres the deal, my jeep has been having problems starting (long crank time) and today i went to dunkin donuts and when i went to start the jeep....... nothing. the radios work and lights all work but it doesn't even crank.

Could this possibly be a bad starter? i had to replace the alternator and the battery over the summer so i know the battery is charging correctly.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Try hitting the starter to see?
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

im at school now, so i cant do much. i know i have a spare at home, but i would prefer to do it elsewhere than D&D

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
        Try hitting the starter to see?
        what do you mean my "Hitting" it? like nocking on it?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

smack it with a hamma

if there is a dead spot in the starter this will free it up (unti lthe starter stops in that spot again)

and when you say cranking for a long time, do you mean cranking slowly? or cranking normal just taking a long time to fire over?
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

craking slowly and for like 5-7 seconds.... my bro was able to get it to his shop and found that one of the cables that went to the positive terminal was fucked up, and i don't know how bad it is yet.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

sounds like a bad connection or battery, not the starter.

Comment

yea, you got a shit battree or bad cables

Comment

im guessing its bad cables or just a loose connection, my bro said it's prolly not the starter but also said that it should be looked into getting swapped anyways.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

well i think a shit battery or bad cables will eventually make for a bad starter...

Comment

it it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

i have one lying around and i don't want to get stranded in the future because it actually does lock up

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Ok, did some battery testing today, and looking at my battery i saw that my negative terminal was completely crack and i ended up snapping it off and replacing it. The tester said bad batt. but since i got it this august, im gonna go against what the tester said.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                            The tester said bad batt. but since i got it this august, im gonna go against what the tester said.
                            I would check out the battery's warranty since that pretty new

Comment

it's a 3 year batt. i need to go to advance anyways cause i need to pick up a axle for my dumptruck

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                              X