Question for you Subi boys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you Subi boys.

I have a friend with a 99 Forester 2.5L automatic and the motor just went. He was wondering what the best move would be in terms of finding a new one for a swap. He's curious what other model subi's came with a motor that is straight bolt in that he might be able to snag if he cant find one out of a forester. he is also considering buying a jdm replacement off ebay but doesnt know if it would be worth it.

any thoughts/opinions/advice you guys have that i can send his way and point him in the right direction?
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/pts/1494077626.html
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Almost all subaru motors are pretty straightforward swaps into one another. I'm sure Adam or Alex will come in and clarify as I've been out of the jewbaru scene for a while.

Comment

its a MAF based SOHC.. technically EJ253. basically one of the rarest configurations of the motor unfortunately. for it to work with the ECU and not throw a code you can only use the 2.5 4 banger out of a 99 or 05 impreza, legacy, forester or baja. maybe 06 too, but sometime either on 06 or 07 models they starting putting VVT and on em, so it wont play nice nice with the computer.

Comment

Working...
        X