Won't turn over after intake manifold swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't turn over after intake manifold swap

After swaping intake manifolds I have been having problems with the jeep starting. It started right up the first time after the swap yet 10min later turn the key and it does nothing, then after sitting for about half hr it starts right up and starts every time there after for the rest of the day. The jeep sat for about 2 days and now again does nothing when i try to start it. I know its an electrical problem, most likely a connection from when i did the manifold swap yet i have gone over every single connection i touched and cant find anything loose. Any idea where to even start would be a huge help. The jeep it a 1996 4.0l xj

make sure all your vaccum lines are tight and the ones that you didn't use are capped off. I had a similar issue but mine was because i forgot to plugs something in and it's been fine ever since....

Comment

also just a thought... i know i had to extend 2 wires in order to do this swap, just make sure those wires are properly connected

Comment

Check your NSS too

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
          Check your NSS too
          what why

edit: sorry thought i was reading wills grand cherokee problem thread

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

they can cause random not starting issues...... when mine first started going bad it would still start on what seemed like completely random occasions and on others nothing would happen.

Comment

Thanks for the help, im leaning towards the nss right now too cause when i thought about it i had a simillar probelm a few months ago. If it was a vacumm problem wouldnt the motor still turn over? my starter wont even try to engage the flywheel..the only noise it makes when i turn the key is the starter relay clicks in the fuse box under the hood.

Comment

if the motor doesnt crank at all check how to jump the NSS do that and it should start

Comment

I jumped the NSS and sure enough it fired right up. thanks for the help

Comment

yeah same shit happened to mine, I should've known...

Comment

No prob man

Comment

Working...
                      X