Jeep runs and drives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep runs and drives!

But its running so weird. It idles rough at first then smooths out. I bled my power steering, and found out when I turn the wheel to full lock either way, the rig bogs out and tries to die. When I start to drive, its bumpy, then smooths out at about 5-10 MPH.

Also, after the drive I noticed I had missed a vacuum port on the intake manifold. By noticing, I mean I saw smoke coming out of it. Along with the hose off the oil filter cap, behind the valve cover, etc. White smoke.

Any ideas?
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Slowly realizing that unless its an XJ or a TJ being spoken of...the tech section is quite...how would you say......useless??

Comment

Cap the vac. leak that could be a cause of why its running hard.
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

get a vac diagram and finger it out!
        Originally posted by Fast Orange
        if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
        I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

yep get vacuum lines in order. if not it maybe a carb related issue. clean it and do a once over
          2 tj's
          3 yj's
          2 xj's
          i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

judging by what you said i would say vacuum leak... does it smooth out once you give it a little throttle? if so check all your vac lines again assuming the carb is tuned right and everyhting

Comment

I believe the carb is tuned correctly. Its set up the same than when Wide-J was running the motor, I have a few better vacuum diagrams, so I am gonna run through all of that today since I have a garage bay again. But I still can't figure out why the P/S pump turns my truck off.

I can't wait to finish this thing, then I won't be on the look out to pick up grenades and hurl them at playgrounds.

Comment

Working...
              X