audio trouble shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio trouble shooting

I installed a 12'' sub and amp today and all the wires and what not are correctly hooked up, I've double checked several times. The amp is getting power but there is no music playing from the sub. any suggestions?
    4x4 Station Wagon...

RCA's in the right place and working properly? is the remote on functioning? any switch or settings on the amp that may need to me adj?
    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

i need more info.... there are like 50000 things it could be. you say amp is gettin power how do you know? if there is a light on it or something then cool. just cuz its getting power does not mean its getting a signal to amplify. or it may but that signal is to small and you dont have the amp setup right to reproduce it. is there a high/low pass filter or freq selector on the amp. is the input voltage on the amp set to the right level???? to many questions haha if you want give me a call id rather discuss this over the phone than threw text 2039888104
      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

alright
        4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

oh ib4 everyone else.

99.9% of electrical problems is with the ground. FACT.
          #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
            is there a high/low pass filter or freq selector on the amp.
            My friend couldn't figure same problem out, I came over and switched the HPF switch and it bumped. lol

x2

Comment

is that the switch thats says "off", "LP", HP"? if so i've tried all three. i really dont know what to do. its not the ground because i've checked a few times. I'm thinking that the speaker is bad? What are the chances of that?
              4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

is the input voltage on the amp set to the right level????
                what should this be set at, the amp is 450w and the sub is 650w?
                4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

oh and i know that the amp is getting power because the power LED and the remote LED are both on
                  4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                    is that the switch thats says "off", "LP", HP"? if so i've tried all three. i really dont know what to do. its not the ground because i've checked a few times. I'm thinking that the speaker is bad? What are the chances of that?
                    it should be on LP.

what should this be set at, the amp is 450w and the sub is 650w?
                    if these #'s are correct you can turn it all the way up.

oh and i know that the amp is getting power because the power LED and the remote LED are both on
                    fair enough.
                    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

oh ib4 everyone else.

this is the biggest bunch of horseshit i've ever heard. maybe thats correct with hack job installations, but i've encountered quite a few recent electrical problems where the problem originated on the hot side. Actually the last 4-5 things i've worked on.

Have you tried just pluging an ipod into the amp via rca cables to see if that puts sound out to the subs?
                      Originally posted by Fast Orange
                      if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

no i haven't. ill try that
                        4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

no i haven't. ill try that
                          How did it go?

This is the method I used to discover that my head unit's sub-outs were fucked.
                          -Matt
                          Facebook

Comment

Working...
                          X