electric fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric fan?

i'm pretty sure this has been talked about tons of time but i just gotta ask.
    any opinions on an electric fan to put into a 4banger tj and how to do it? write ups? i hear a ford taurus fan but what year? and should i use a shroud?
    has anyone on here done it?

from what i have heard its not worth it to do... just so ya know if its power that your looking for, there are some better options

Comment

ok...well i'm always willing to hear some power advice....shoot

Comment

get rid of the 4 cylinder motor
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

taurus fan from the 3.8L motor, more popular on sable wagons. they move lots of air. itll definitely free up power, the clutch fan robs a lot of it, and that huge fan creates a helluvalotta drag. youll NEED the shroud also. lots of writeups on the web. i thought about doing it but so far have kept have stock fan for simplicity. once the clutch goes bad i'll go all electric, but the i replaced that 2 years ago so i should be good for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
            get rid of the 4 cylinder motor
            trust me...it's on the list as soon as i get the $$$ and help cuz i never did a swap

Comment

do an intake, exhaust and throttle body from a 4.0, the 2.5 will never be a powerhouse of a motor tho

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
                do an intake, exhaust and throttle body from a 4.0, the 2.5 will never be a powerhouse of a motor tho
                damn!!! i already did all those things
                anything else shy of a engine swap?....headers?

Comment

i guess headers will work but thats alot of money for not much power.... if you want serious power and dont care on price tag turbo it..

Comment

FORCED INDUCTION MOTHA FUCKA!

Comment

and turbo's make a cool noise

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                        FORCED INDUCTION MOTHA FUCKA!
                        hahahaha!!! would be nice but $2000 to spend on a 4 squirrels is a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                          taurus fan from the 3.8L motor, more popular on sable wagons. they move lots of air. itll definitely free up power, the clutch fan robs a lot of it, and that huge fan creates a helluvalotta drag. youll NEED the shroud also. lots of writeups on the web. i thought about doing it but so far have kept have stock fan for simplicity. once the clutch goes bad i'll go all electric, but the i replaced that 2 years ago so i should be good for a while.
                          what year vehicle?

Comment

google it, something will pope up...

Comment

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710509

Meh i think the 4 squirrels is fine... do gears and dont expect a v8 and bam instant satisfaction
                              2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                              • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                              • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                              • 5.13's
                              • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                              • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Working...
                              X