Hydro-locked V6...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro-locked V6...

So my old man is losing it, while trying to flush the coolant out of my mom's car, had the throttle body disconnected and removed to get at the thermostat housing. He some how forgot to only spray into the the water ports, and got quite a bit of water down the air intake. I removed all the plugs, cranked it over and it shot water everywhere. Put it in the heated garage overnight and put it all back together, after realized i put two plug wires on backwards, it fired up and runs like new again.

Now for the question: I've read on forums that guys who have hydro-locked their jeeps thought they did good and had it running but it was only a ticking time bomb and ended up bending rods a week down the road or just straight up shittin the bed. What is your personal experience w/ any of this? Any info? They have been looking for a new car already so i think it only needs to last a couple more weeks. SOoo...whaddya got?

You never cranked it over or anything with the water in there, no hydro-locking occured. In order for hydro lock to actually happen the engine needs to be turning with water in it and hydraulically lock/stop. You'll be fine.

Comment

yea dude seems like you did the right thing. you will be fine. if there was any condensation in there it is long gone anyway

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

you'll be fine. trust me

Comment

Ahhhhhh i c....my old man tried turning it over multiple times but it just made the clicking sound from the starer not even being able to turn (this was while the plugs were still in and before i took it all apart) Well, thats good news, thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
          X