won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    Does you jeep have a Rear Swaybar? Might be causing the problem.
    Nah man mine starts fine

Seriously though check the idle air controller. When mine doesn't start i usually spray the sensor with brake clean and it works fine after
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

ok just checked it this morning, it's got a very strong spark and it's got fuel pressure...
      i'm gonna take the crank sensor back and exchange it maybe thats it?
      this fuckin thing is pissin me off

Comment

going to assume its a crank sensor issue.. that's the usual culprit.

Vatozone doesn't exactly sell things that work the first time, everytime.

Comment

well i deal with napa mostly, not to say that all their stuff is perfect

Comment

dude put it in neutral and fire it up.....i have to start my jeep that way alot!
            crank position sensor it like $90 so try the NSS
            I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

yeah i was thing about that like 25 mins ago, tomorrow i'll try that ... thanks

Comment

From my experience with the CPS, it will not allow the engine to send a spark, but shouldn't stop the engine from turning over, so I wouldn't start with the CPS. Before you go ripping anything out like the NSS, it could be your ignition switch in the steering column. Thats what happened to me. thats what was wrong with mine and it was turning over, fuel pump was turning on and there was spark. Sounds simillar to your issue. Not to say thats def what it is, but what i did was cut the green wire (i believe) that comes out of the starter and ran a jumper directly to the positive terminal on the battery. It started right up. So because im lazy i simply tied in a momentary push button. So now i have to have the key in and on the on position but i just use the button to start it. Either that or run 2 wires through your windows and look like your hot wiring your jeep everytime you start it. I like that method also. just my .02. Try the jumper wire method first, save yourself some work.

heres my push button

Or try switching the starter relay with the accesory fan relay, to make sure its not the relay.

Or if you decide it might be the NSS you can bypass it. here is a link http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...&highlight=NSS
                this way you can bypass it and if it starts you know its the NSS. You can then take your NSS apart and clean it, and hopefully it will work, or get one from the JY. They are like $230 new.

Look for the BLACK plug (not the grey one being held);

Look for pin B and C on the same side and connect them together, this will bypass the NSS. You might get a code, but you'll know why. From what I have read all you need is a short peice of wire to make a jumper, after the Jeep starts, remove the jumper. Good Luck.

Comment

fred has one of those switches in his rig and his truck....that works too. or you could just put it in neutral and turn the key
                  I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Quine View Post
                    fred has one of those switches in his rig and his truck....that works too. or you could just put it in neutral and turn the key
                    No if its the ignition switch you can not just put it in neutral and start it. That might work if its the NSS.
                    Last edited by BlacXJeep; 11-14-2009, 12:02 AM.

Comment

When my NSS went bad it wouldnt start in neutral either just so you know, but it also wouldnt crank at all and you said yours cranks.... either way jump it its pretty simple

Comment

i went out and put it in neutral and it fired up, thanks for the info

Comment

HOT DAMN!

glad it got fixed dude.
                          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                          1999 sierra
                          1967 M725 Big and Slow
                          -Dan

Comment

you can clean the neutral switch pretty easily. just a couple spring loaded contacts.

no need for a new nss
                            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

yea thats what i plan to do, i priced a new one out and fuck that!

Comment

Working...
                              X