Gear Installation Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Installation Tutorial

So google search sucks, cause i've been searching and trying to find a good write-up on installing gears yourself with pictures and well written steps and well no major successes.... anyone know of any really good write-ups?? Post em up, find a good enough one and maybe tech sticky it
    Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 11-01-2009, 02:14 PM.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

search for one on pirate 4x4

pretty sure theres a billavista tech article

if not im sure you can find the yukon install manual in pdf somewhere
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

some of the older thicker repair manuals have very good write ups on them. hope you have depth and backlash tool
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
        some of the older thicker repair manuals have very good write ups on them. hope you have depth and backlash tool
        hey according to you, theres no need for a depth tool.... just pull it apart and put it together a bunch of times
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

i do not use a depth tool, but it is nice to have. i always set the pinion with out a seal also cause that can give a false reading thought that by an old timer
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
            never used a pinion depth tool

and don't need a "backlash tool" get a more versatile dial indicator
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
              never used a pinion depth tool

and don't need a "backlash tool" get a more versatile dial indicator
              i do have one was too shot to type it
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
              X