lift kits what brand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
    I'm giving all of you a chance and trusting you for advice this time. The reason i haven't listened before is because i dont know whether to take most of you serious or not. But seriously please help me out with my new build.

actually that wasn't too bad for you... using hooked on phonics?
    Originally posted by Fast Orange
    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Ruecifur View Post
      actually that wasn't too bad for you... using hooked on phonics?
      worked for me
      You're a ___________

Comment

the reason we all like fucking with you is you never took our advise to begin with. with that being said do a junkyard build. wj control arms, f100 coils, and dakota add a leafs
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
          the reason we all like fucking with you is you never took our advise to begin with. with that being said do a junkyard build. wj control arms, f100 coils, and dakota add a leafs
          Actaully i did what ruecifur said to do about bumpstops that day i met you guys. And i went with 33s and instead of 32s.

Comment

well take my advise on the lift it will only run you around 250 dollars. You never met me either
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

here is a serious answer for you:

we have no fucking idea what lift kit would be best for you. What you need depends on things like:
              What type of wheeling do you do
              How big of a tire you want to run
              How much trimming your willing to do
              how much weight you'll end up with (winch, bumpers, sliders, etc...)
              and some other determining factors.

Do you beat the piss out of your jeep? If you do (and i certainly do) than you'll want to build shit stronger than if you wheel like a pussy.

there is alot more to it than "i want to gain 4.5 inches"

wouldn't we all dude
              Originally posted by Fast Orange
              if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
              Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
              I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Just buy a rubicon express lift kit, they include just about everything you need..even the small stuff like brake lines etc..and they make a high quality product.
                98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

RE is the route i'm going next...

Comment

I've never met you.

Go RE, strictly from what I've HEARD. I have personal experience with any lift company but I have been trolling jeep forums for over two years. Plus a lot of experience people here are giving that advice.

Unless you want a junkyard build, then you should take cletus's idea. But if you want to spend the money get the RE kit.
                    -Matt
                    Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
                      I've never met you.

Go RE, strictly from what I've HEARD. I have personal experience with any lift company but I have been trolling jeep forums for over two years. Plus a lot of experience people here are giving that advice.

Unless you want a junkyard build, then you should take cletus's idea. But if you want to spend the money get the RE kit.
                      "i've never ran a lift kit or really wheeled, but im going to give you advice"

if you are savy, build it cheap on your own with random parts / building shit. but if you asked then this isnt the option for you. so i would go with the best kit you can buy. but dont skimp out in areas like skids, sliders and steering. you will regret it if you wheel at all.

if i were building an XJ, I would do skids and sliders FIRST. Then i would determine what size tire i want to run. build axles according to this (gearing and axle/locker choice ect.). then i would cut the max amount of my fenders i would be willing to cut. after that i would slap the tires on and add lift untill i cleared with around ~4" of suspension up travel and plan my lift around that.
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                        "i've never ran a lift kit or really wheeled, but im going to give you advice"
                        I felt like I was a scamming liar the whole time so I had to put a little disclaimer in there haha.
                        -Matt
                        Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
                          I've never met you.

So if he does not want a junk yard build he should take my advice? Unless you have wheeled the setup you really can not speak, every spring has a different feel to them. Jeep forum is not a good place to get your advice from.
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

$1400 is more than enough money for 4.5"

www.claytonoffroad.com
                            www.rubiconexpress.com
                            www.rockkrawler.com
                            www.treksoffroad.com
                            www.fulltraction.com
                            www.dpgoffroad.com
                            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

www.dpgoff-road.com
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                              X