what did i break now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what did i break now?

ok so i put a new fuel pump in the 93 xj because the old one was acting up. it wouldnt start because the pump wouldnt turn on until cranking it over and over. so i replaced it, now the NEW pump wont turn on at all and the jeep wont start at all... is there a safety thing where if i screwed up some wires it wont turn on at all? is there something else i couldve screwed up that would cause the new pump not to turn on at all? i need some help here idk what the fuck i did...
    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Did you plug it in? All the hoses in?
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
      Did you plug it in? All the hoses in?
      yep, plugged in, all hoses in, the sock is on it.. oh and the fuse is good too..

Comment

bad new pump?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

what brand fuel pump?

anything you get from autozone or advance is garbage

and half the stuff you can get from napa or carquest or other like stores is garbage

i have gone through about 6 advance pumps in a few days (airteks) before i put the soaking wet pump on the counter and demanded my money back.

some wouldnt work at all and others worked for up to 30 miles then failed leaving me stranded
          Last edited by Ktmracer419; 10-15-2009, 12:41 PM.
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

oh

and ill sell you a good bosch fuel pump with sending unit with a new lock ring and o ring for cheep if you like
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
              oh

and ill sell you a good bosch fuel pump with sending unit with a new lock ring and o ring for cheep if you like
              dude i got the good bosch one. i even got a new bosch sending unit and everything and put it in today. i figured out i had no spark. ign coil was bad, so replaced that...still wont start...

Comment

do you have spark now?
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

sounds like a crank sensor issue to me. do you have spark and/or injection pulse? check both of them
                  Originally posted by Fast Orange
                  if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                  Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                  I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Ruecifur View Post
                    sounds like a crank sensor issue to me. do you have spark and/or injection pulse? check both of them
                    Those stupid crank sensors.
                    You're a ___________

Comment

cps is brand new..

Comment

do you have fuel pressure? how much voltage at the batt? injection pulse?
                        Originally posted by Fast Orange
                        if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                        Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                        I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

your throttle stuck open?
                          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                          X